Beginners Walking Challenge - Session 2

Options

Replies

• cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi walkers- :flowerforyou: 2 miles for me this morning in 94 degree heat. :glasses: I hope to get in 2 more when the sun sets. Have a great day everyone! Cindy :heart:
    Hey Cindy!

I noticed on the Christmas challenge post that you lost another 2lbs. this week! Great Job! :love:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers- :flowerforyou: 2 miles for me this morning in 94 degree heat. :glasses: I hope to get in 2 more when the sun sets. Have a great day everyone! Cindy :heart:
    Hey Cindy!

I noticed on the Christmas challenge post that you lost another 2lbs. this week! Great Job! :love:
    Thanks a bunch !!!!:flowerforyou: I will update my ticker on Sunday. Sundays are my official weigh in day. I'll weigh in on each date on the Christmas challenge and post it to that thread. I just did 56 minutes on the exercise bike and I'm going to do my upper body strength training today too. It's raining here and is supposed to continue to rain for a few days. I guess the exercise bike will be my best friend for a few days. Have a great day :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi all!

No walking today, but definitely got in some high-intensity cardio on the elliptical this morning! Whew! I was super-sweaty when I was all done!

I also did Week 4, Day 2 of the 100 pushups challenge last night. Cindy, I don't know HOW you can do that! It's SO hard for me! Sure, I can pretty much whip out the first set, but after that, I'm pretty much spent--forget about the max-ing out!!! Do you stop in the "up" position while you're doing your sets?

Have a great day, all!

Cheers! :drinker:
    Yep I stop in the up position. I know it's hard but the results I'm seeing keep me going. My back/shoulders and arms are getting some sexy definition. Keep at it and good luck !!! I know you can do it!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HI! I know I am really late....but can I still join you? This sounds like the perfect thing for me. I have a 6-month-old who is nursing and I can't lose much weight due to that, but I still want to be in good shape. I walked with her for an hour yesterday (not sure how far it was...can anyone tell me how to use the pedometer to count that?) and I read that post about the deer.
    I LOVE having experiences like that, it's one reason I live in the mtns. At the end of our walk we came up on a 5 x 5 bull elk! He was beautiful and just mowing down the grass in someone's yard, Then, as we pulled into our driveway, there were 3 cow elk and 2 little babies standing there. Then (yes...it keeps going!) a fox ran by us right outside of our house. Last, but not least we were on the back deck , we have a pond in our yard about 20 yds away, and a deer and her little spotted fawn were down there drinking. It was definitely a National Geographic kind of day. Can't wait to walk again!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HI! I know I am really late....but can I still join you? This sounds like the perfect thing for me. I have a 6-month-old who is nursing and I can't lose much weight due to that, but I still want to be in good shape. I walked with her for an hour yesterday (not sure how far it was...can anyone tell me how to use the pedometer to count that?) and I read that post about the deer.
    I LOVE having experiences like that, it's one reason I live in the mtns. At the end of our walk we came up on a 5 x 5 bull elk! He was beautiful and just mowing down the grass in someone's yard, Then, as we pulled into our driveway, there were 3 cow elk and 2 little babies standing there. Then (yes...it keeps going!) a fox ran by us right outside of our house. Last, but not least we were on the back deck , we have a pond in our yard about 20 yds away, and a deer and her little spotted fawn were down there drinking. It was definitely a National Geographic kind of day. Can't wait to walk again!

Yes, you can definitely join us! :flowerforyou:

We'll be looking forward to your nature updates as well as your updates on your walking!!!

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Sorry I haven't been posting as much as I used to. I feel like summer is ridiculously busy for me. I did however get a walk in tuesday and wed. I'm hoping to go for a run before it starts raining.

It's so muggy and just blah outside today. What's the weather like where you guys are?
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi, Kid- :flowerforyou: It's been raining here the last couple days. :ohwell: I rode my exercise bike for 70 minutes yesterday and I did my upper body strength training. If the rain keeps up I'll have to ride the bike again and I'll do my ab work and pushups. Have a great day !!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    It's been raining almost every day this summer. It's not as hot as usual either. I've been doing some stuff around the house and getting bills together. I keep looking outside so I can go for a run, but I'm afraid I'll get out there and it'll start raining lol
    Maybe I'll just go to the gym.

Hope everyone is having a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi everyone- It cleared up enough for me to get my Am 2 miles in. We were puddle jumping but we still got our 2 miles in. :smile: I hope to walk 2 more tonight but if not I'll put a half hour in on the stationary bike. I hope everyone has a super great day!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I had a nice stretching session this morning (cardio day off - gotta keep being nice to the tendon so that the tendon will keep being nice to me) - 15 minutes and it felt pretty good.

After work, I did Day 3 of Week 4 in the pushups challenge. Whew!!! Talk about a CHALLENGE! I'm actually surprised that I could do it. :tongue:

I was going to do my lower body workout (designed for me by my hubby), but my tendon started burning (why, I don't know), so I chose not to do so--I wasn't sure if I wanted to stress it out with lunges, squats, etc.

Hope you all have a great night and a great day tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

• flower121295
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I know Im late but I would like to join you. I was going to start P90X again but since its been so long since the last time I tried it (And I sprained my ankle and gained the weight I lost and more back) I thought it would be better to start by walking to lose some weight first.

I started walking yesterday and walked for 30 minutes yesterday and 40 today. I hope its ok that I join you all.

Sandy:smile:
  • ReyesOnFire
    Options
    I ate pizza today (ahhh!) but then I walked for an hour carrying my little one in a front carrier. She weighs about 17 pounds. I felt bad about the indulgence but good about still keeping up with the exercise and not giving up, which is what I usually do.....
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Welcome flower121295! It sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!! I did level 1 of the 30 day shred and I'm going to walk 2 miles when the sun sets. What plans do we all have for the weekend? I'm going to swim and walk as much as I can. Have a great evening everyone- Cindy :heart:
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    can i join???! i absolutely LOVE walking i think i usually walk about 6 miles a day (not including normal day activities) anyways i could use the inspiration i joined MFP 3 weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds i put some pants on today that didnt fit me 3 weeks ago!! :laugh:
  • jesp1216
    Options
    ahh i think i need to join this, i LOVE walking, i could use the motivation and support. I joined MFP 3 weeks ago n i have lost 10 pounds!!! :laugh: I just went out with my mom and i put on some pants that were way too tight 3 weeks ago, there is still some work but they are sooo comfy now :D good luck n good job everyone!!
  • jesp1216
    Options
    srry bout the double post ppl my bad
  • ReyesOnFire
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 lbs! And Cindy.... I am so jealous I wish I was somewhere I could go swim it sounds wonderful!
    I didn't walk much today, only about 20 min of pushing strollers around with a few friends but I plan to make up for it tomorrow. I also did some yoga and strength exercises tonight so I don't feel too bad.
    How is everyone else doing?
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    I did relly good with my walking this week I walked 3 days for 60 minutes each and 1 day of 30 minutes
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning walkers- I just finished my 2 mile morning walk. I hope to get 2 more in after the sun sets. I think I'll also do the 30 day shred level 1. The sun is shining and It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. It's alreday hot out there. :glasses: I need to get caught up on the laundry and mop my kitchen floor . I better run- Have a super great day everyone! Cindy :heart: