What are your irrational fears?

Options

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That my children will be as bad as i was when i was young. Fortunately 16 yr old is a honor roll student, and 20 year old is on deans list, 24 year old was soooo much like me and into a bunch of **** still have one little one at home so wish me luck 3 out of 4 isn't bad odds
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Bees/Wasps/Yellow Jackets

Ironic since I went to Georgia Tech. A Yellow Jacket (a real one) landed on my hand once, that was holding my flute. I ditched my flute to get away from it.

Really, any buzzing sound creeps me out. If a fly gets too close, and I don't know it's a fly, I fuh-reak!
    Me too, only I also freak out when things tickle me because it might be a bug of any sort on me. This is enhanced by the time a centipede was on my neck while I was on the floor doing yoga. I thought it was hair tickling me...until I remembered I cut all my hair off.
    I felt a tickle on my foot once. I scratched it then looked at the floor and saw a roach scurrying away.

EWWWWWW!!!!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just snakes....
    and carnies :p
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Just snakes....
    and carnies :p

Carnies & clowns... so scary!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Definitely spiders. I've ruined shower curtains, broken windows, and brok lawn equipment running for dear life. I'm pretty sure I hear the *kitten* laughing as I run away screaming.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Birds! Ugh!All birds freak me out, but the pet store in our town had a giant macaw...and it was never in a cage, just hanging out in the store trying to figure out the easiest way to peck out my eyes! I hated going there. He died, but they still have his picture and a memorial wreath in his corner...Just looking at his picture makes me cringe!:embarassed:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I can't walk on things I can see through. It all started with a nightmare I had when I was a toddler where I fell through some stairs like these:

I'm afraid of these too but only going down....

It's not just those kind of stairs anymore. It's also transparent or semi-transparent floors. There's one place in the local mall that has glass block floors. I avoid these whenever possible.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    people that involve feet in sexual activities EWWWW
    and earwigs
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    I can't walk on things I can see through. It all started with a nightmare I had when I was a toddler where I fell through some stairs like these:

I'm afraid of these too but only going down....

It's not just those kind of stairs anymore. It's also transparent or semi-transparent floors. There's one place in the local mall that has glass block floors. I avoid these whenever possible.

No way I could do glass block floors... not with the glass breaking thing.. omg!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Circus clowns. Not the hobo one's, they don't bother me but circus clowns.... big helping of heebies with a side of jeebies...
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have a lot, actually.

Spiders - If there's one in the house, I can't go to bed until I know it's dead.

Sharks - I won't go in the ocean over my waist.

Cotton - I won't take the cotton ball out of a bottle of pills and I won't eat or touch cotton candy. It's the dry texture, it freaks me out and makes my teeth hurt.

Heights - Although, I don't think this is an "irrational" fear as most ppl are afraid of heights.

Uhh..don't wanna freak you out or anything, but I thought sharks would attack in shallow water?? :frown:
    oh and running over snakes with my truck...gives me the heebie jeebies something fierce
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mines isn't really a object, ever since I was little whenever I've heard laughter, I think it's directed at me which I find odd because I've never been bullied or anything, also the fear that I'm secretly being watched/ stalked lol
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mice. Nasty little things. And clowns. I punched one once because he ran up on me with a balloon animal. I had a friend in high school whose mom collected clowns and they were all displayed in the spare room where I would sleep ( I practically lived there when my parents were going through their divorce) and I would always go and sleep in my friends bed instead. They were creepy and had snarly toothy grins.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I jump on roller coasters, drop rides, and jump off planes

I own reptiles and hold scorpions and spiders

I pet other weird creatures and breed bugs for food

I'm terrified of drowning...except that one time I was in a lake and a wild manatee came up and hugged me. That was freakin awesome...but I took in a lot of water.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Elevators FREAK me out, clowns are so creepy I still haven't taken my son to a circus and he's 5...yup I'm screwing him up too. I'm also scared to death of bridges over water because of the fear of drowning in my car...but that is a VERY rational fear!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Horses biting my Achilles tendons.... mini horses are the worst because they're closer to my tendon.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    Horses biting my Achilles tendons.... mini horses are the worst because they're closer to my tendon.

omg that is creepy!
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Being inside a pipe without much wiggle-room, and then the pipe filling up with water.

I have that fear about enclosed water slides! I mean seriously, I am not a big person so the chances of that are very slim, but I cannot help but think, "What if I get stuck?!"

Also, I cannot sit or stand under anything hanging from the ceiling or wall, like signs at stores or televisions at bars and restaurants. I am always looking up thinking, "Could I survive if that __________ fell on me right now?" It's a sick thing to think about!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

omg that is creepy!

hahah I know! it manifested from bad experiences where I've been riding horses and they've tried to bite one another..and my ankles have been in danger of being bit. Now I'm just so nervous around horses
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ducks and geese near my feet.
    Mustard
    Freddy Kruger

:blushing: