What are your irrational fears?

Options

Replies

• doilymaker
    doilymaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Being impaled scares me. I saw a re-enactment of a car accident where the driver ran into a picket fence. The driver was impaled by a post through his neck. Also seeing someone in movies fall on a fence or other sharp objects. YUCK!

Spiders and bugs also freak me out!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Zombies, I HATE THEM!
    elevators, i am afraid that the line will break and I will die.
    tornados
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Exploding teeth
  • strongformygirls
    strongformygirls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am soooo tuned in to all of my physical ailments that I fear that they are all something life threatening. It's what one might call "irrational/ crazy/ hypochondria" , haha. I laugh but it's really not a good time. Hope I don't pass this one on to my daughter!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    driving in the snow

YES!!! I lived in Illinois for three years and HATED Oct. through April because I'd have to drive in the snow. Scared the heck out of me!! :sad:

Sooo thankful to be back living in the desert again. :bigsmile:

Except my other fear is lizards! :laugh: Seriously! CREEP ME OUT! :noway: :noway:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't have any. I rock.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of something being under my bed. I turn a flashlight on and lay it on the floor so it's shining under my bed while I get ready for bed at night so nothing will grab my feet. That fear comes from watching too much Alfred Hitchcock when I was a kid. :frown:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    midgets.

which made it very scary for me when a midget stripper tried to climb up into my lap awhile ago.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches.

I literally shuddered just typing that.

Also, the air in tunnels.

I always have to hold my breath
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't have any. I rock.

Hmmm... Maybe you do and just don't know it yet. ;-)
    Although I'm certain you rock regardless.
  • alegnafireproof
    Options
    anything with more than 4 legs
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Opening umbrellas inside! To the point that when my daughter tries to open her fun ladybug umbrella in the house I totally freak out! ... Then she walks saying "no open, no open momma. Bad luck! No open"
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Car batteries, electrical sockets and anything gas related in the house.

Oh and clowns. I hate clowns.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    To me, having a fear of animals is a rational fear.

My irrational fear is not finding love. I have this massive fear that I'll never be good enough for any man and that I'm destined to be a fat ugly spinster with no kids. I'm not kidding.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have some hardcore OCD/paranoia so I always question myself. Say I turn the stove off, in my head I'm going "is it really off?" and I'll check it like 10 times. I'm always fearing that what I perceive isn't correct and it takes me forever to convince myself that what I am perceiving is right. That being said, I'm afraid of nothing rational. Nothing "real" scares me at all.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Balloons popping in my face and earwigs. Also, heart attacks - my own or anyone around me having one.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    swimming with fish.

They breathe underwater. I don't and I'm on their turf.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Drowning... (I'm a swimmer...) ticks! And ET omg I really hope I don't have a nightmare over typing this...
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The sound of rubbing flour on a wood/plastic rolling pin :sad: omg.... ugh that sound send chills immediately up and down my spine! I'm dead serious here- :laugh:

Slightly more normal fears are, spiders, bees... rather any flying bug except butterflies, never eating chocolate again, and numerous fast food restaurants. :noway:
  • twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options
    Yarn. Elevators. My teeth falling out. Those three things freak me out beyond reason.