I remember when MFP was for....................

Options
Support and encouragement and information. Now I am loosing more and more motivation to log in and read the community boards since I have to wade thru thread after thread of people arguing, putting other people down for asking a question, venting about complete strangers that are not even on mfp and no one knows them but the OP, people are getting attacked for asking for help. I will probably get attacked for spelling mistakes and poor grammer. I dont even know what has happened to this place. What is wrong with everyone? I know we are hungry and grumpy and tired and stressed and some of us even have PMS and cravings and others need to take a shower ;-) . But cant we all just get along?

Replies

• coconutflower
    Options
    I agree and it is only my first day cruising through the forums. People forget that there is no right answer and we are all just trying to get healthier doing what is right based on our experiences. Instead, people are so focused on slamming each other.

All this arguing would totally trigger emotional eating, I better avoid MFP on PMS days, lol.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Because everyone is right, and you must never disagree with them unless you want to be torn to shreds.

It's the internet, and as much as some people on here make me want to throw my computer at a puppy, it's not worth it. I've gotten fired up on here before and gotten nothing for it. Stupid temper. i am sick of people putting others down as well. Seems like you only get praise if you have dropped the equivalent of a baby elephant off you, and even then people will have a go at you for being to skinny, or not toned enough.

When was there ever ligetimate support on here?
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Support and encouragement and information. Now I am loosing more and more motivation to log in and read the community boards since I have to wade thru thread after thread of people arguing, putting other people down for asking a question, venting about complete strangers that are not even on mfp and no one knows them but the OP, people are getting attacked for asking for help. I will probably get attacked for spelling mistakes and poor grammer. I dont even know what has happened to this place. What is wrong with everyone? I know we are hungry and grumpy and tired and stressed and some of us even have PMS and cravings and others need to take a shower ;-) . But cant we all just get along?

Totally agree! And anytime I have ever come to anyone's defense when they are getting torn to shreds, then I get torn to shreds! LOL:mad:
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Because everyone is right, and you must never disagree with them unless you want to be torn to shreds.

It's the internet, and as much as some people on here make me want to throw my computer at a puppy, it's not worth it. I've gotten fired up on here before and gotten nothing for it. Stupid temper. i am sick of people putting others down as well. Seems like you only get praise if you have dropped the equivalent of a baby elephant off you, and even then people will have a go at you for being to skinny, or not toned enough.

"Throw my computer at a puppy" Now that is the quote of the day right there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I agree. What is even more alarming is whenever I see threads of some people promoting unhealthy ways to lose weight. I respect everybody here & I know that we are all entitled to our own opinions but if someone is against healthy living then I guess this site is not for them.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

"Throw my computer at a puppy" Now that is the quote of the day right there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahhaha well it was either throw my computer at a puppy or punch a baby, and the puppy seemed less explosive hahah :laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This is why one should use the forums to find like-minded folks, build a good friends list, and rely on them for support.

The forums can be helpful for information gathering, if you can sort through the myths and find info from reputable sources.

The forums are also good for laughs and trolling.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Also I may add that attacking people by spelling mistakes or poor grammar is against MFP's rules & regulation on posting. As a non-english speaker, I also feel insulted whenever I see threads like that as if english is everybody's native language.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    i know what you mean! :grumble: it stinks sometimes!

still a lot of great things though! wanna be friends? :flowerforyou:
  • groovyfirechick
    Options

Poor puppy! lol well I totally agree with you. there are some not-so-nice people on here who think they are always right. i give my opinions based on my medical knowledge (i've been in ems for 13 years) and someone always has something to say. i don't even bother to share anything anymore. or i will send the person a private message with my answer so i don't get attacked by others.

rock on nice people!! :D
  • barney50501Missy
    Options

Amen! I prefer to stick with my feeds with the friends I have made. Seems to me there are a lot of angry argumentative people out there.

Punching a baby or throwing your computer at a puppy....haha....haven't heard those before. Actually had me laughing out loud on that one. :laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    People forget that there is no right answer and we are all just trying to get healthier doing what is right based on our experiences.
    Often, though, there is a right answer. This is why it's important to learn how to do your homework and find reputable sources of information.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree and it is only my first day cruising through the forums. People forget that there is no right answer and we are all just trying to get healthier doing what is right based on our experiences. Instead, people are so focused on slamming each other.

All this arguing would totally trigger emotional eating, I better avoid MFP on PMS days, lol.

Unfortunately, this is the internet. You will never find somewhere where everyone acts how you want or thinks how you want. You either have to either toughen up or avoid, like you say.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Shameless puppy bashing in this thread. :mad:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is the internet. You will never find somewhere where everyone acts how you want or thinks how you want. You either have to either toughen up or avoid, like you say.
    Well put.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I don't really look through the forums unless one of my friends had replied to something or posted something...I have a friends list for support...don't really need to wade through forums for it. lol If I do, it's usually recipes or the introduce yourself area, nothing more then that.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just feel sorry for puppies and babies right now :sad:
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Don't forget the folks asking for and/or posting non weight loss related boob pics and whatnot. I believe they call it "Titty Thursday," but I call it THIRSTY THURSDAY due to the desperation on display. Then they get mad when MFP deletes the threads because it's against their TOS. And then I just laugh, and laugh ....
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    lol am i the only one really really amused by the forums? i think its hilarious, especially when people start whipping out these false "scientific" claims they can't back up!! you just gotta take them with a grain of salt i guess :)

although i agree that the forums saying its fine to eat under 1200 cals and all that piss me off.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    This is why one should use the forums to find like-minded folks, build a good friends list, and rely on them for support.

The forums can be helpful for information gathering, if you can sort through the myths and find info from reputable sources.

The forums are also good for laughs and trolling.
    Agree with this.