Started at 615, and have lurked awhile! Time to say hello!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I have always been heavy all my life. I weighed in the 200s in middle school, 300s in high school, and lost track until I found a way to weigh myself at age 27 and weighed in at 615 lbs. That was in October 2011 and since then I have been dieting! In addition starting in early April I have been going to the gym every other day doing weight training and cardio!

I think I was lucky to be able to still get around well enough at my high weight, every example I have seen of people at my weight have pretty much been bed ridden!

I have lost 84 lbs. so far but I still have a long way to go! Good luck to the rest of you on your journey!

Replies

• sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's some impressive dedication :) Well done! (And "Hi")
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you and welcome to MFP!
    Congratulations on your phenominal progress so far!
    On of my friends had lost 280 pound on MFP and he is a source of motivation to me everyday as he has made such a change in his life and found a way to be active.
    Don't a afraid to ask for support there are a lot of groups here and peopel who jhave already done what you want to do.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, keep up the good work.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What a great loss so far!!! That is amazing! Good luck on your journey! You can definitely do it!!! :bigsmile:

16586181.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Great work, you can do it, just keep going and NEVER EVER EVER give up
  • impossibianca
    Options
    AWESOME! If ever you need someone, your MFP fam is always here! xx
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Congratulations on your success so far. Keep it up!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    Your goals are just around the corner. Keep it up and most importantly, have BIG fun on your journey.
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. Everyone here is motivated and by surrounding yourself with likeminded people will help you reach your goals! Never give up, no matter how difficult the journey.

Congratulations on your achievements thus far....this is only yhe beginning :~)
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! :)
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss already!!!!Your an inspiration & so glad you decided to change your situation!!!!Hopefully we can all follow you,keep it up and you'll get there:)
  • amberwren
    amberwren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up :)
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Your story is very moving and your commitment is extraordinary! Congratulations on how far you've come and wishing great success during the rest of your journey!

Feel free to add me for support and motivation!

-Change your thoughts and you change your world-
    Norman Vincent Peale
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are well on your way to a healthier fit life!
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow you are on your way! We all face the same challenges. We need to feed off each other. (no punn inended)

You CAN DO THIS and you WILL DO THIS
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You have a long journey ahead of you- it takes a strong person to set their mind to this- I wish you nothing but the best!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That is really fantastic. You are really an inspiration to all of us, especially the ones who are worried that they weigh to much to exercise or eat right or whatever. Keep up the great work and keep checking in!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm so glad you made the steps towards a lifestyle change. You will get there...it may not be easy but making this decision is a tremendous step.

I support you and encourage you! :flowerforyou:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your success so far! That is amazing! :happy:

You will be so glad you came to MFP! This is an awesome site. Great tools to help you on your journey and awesome pals to walk with you every step of the way! :heart:

Sending you best wishes for continued success in your journey to a healthier life! :flowerforyou: