Anyone take Kickboxing classes?

Options
13»

Replies

• dailyguy
    dailyguy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2nd Degree black belt in TKD, used to have my own school. I also taught cardio kickboxing at a local big box fitness center. I had the biggest class at the time...it was a tough class but made it fun. I had students who took kickboxing from other instructors before and hated or got bored with it...but loved and lost a lot of weight in my class.

It is a great workout and you can burn 1000 calories/hr when good form and intensity. The only TRICK is to make sure the instructor is great and actually have martial arts experience....not the typical aerobic instructor who took a 1-day class to get a certificate. An instructor is someone who teaches, not one who stands in front of the class and expects everyone to follow along (that's where a lot of injuries happen).
  • Hpaddock36
    Options
    I do cardio kickboxing at my fitness club and it definitely burns the calories. The first class I thought I was going to die, but after building ip some endurance I am able to handle it a lot better. My place blasts the music and gets intense.