when girls are curvy they think their fat

Options
and when they are fat they think they are curvy! lol not all girls of course :)

Replies

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Although I could stand to lose about 20 pounds, I never consider myself fat - I just think I've curvy, in all the right places :happy:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I despise the term Curvy. I can't help but see it as just another word for fat. :frown:
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Technically, you can be fat and curvy - or you can be hot and curvy - like JLo for instance :happy:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like curvy either. I think it now has a negative connotation, because as the OP said, 90% of the people that actually consider themselves curvy are... fat. I have an hourglass shape, so I'll have a butt and boobs at any size, but I still don't really want the curvy title.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I so wish I was curvier! I envy girls with some curves! I'm so straight up and down!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I am not curvy *cries*

There is hardly a deviation from my boobs, waist and hips measurements :( ... we're not all blessed that way.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    hourglass shape, ok that will work but i tell you what i would rather be called curvy than lumpy, lol... I'm working on getting it back.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but what is considered curvy and what are the differences between curvy and fat? It's an honest question. :embarassed:
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    for me curvy is good it means you have something to hold onto that's shapely but not fat and ripply, I mean everyone wants something to hold onto right? someone like Victoria Beckham may make some women sick with envy, but would make most men sick to the stomach.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I read somewhere that only 8% of women have an actual hourglass, which is defined as your waist being more than ten inches smaller than your bust and hips. The vast majority of women are rulers.

Me, I always wanted to be a pear. lol
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is a pet peeve of mine as well... when I've made comments about my own weight (I weigh 240 after two kids) and the knee-jerk pandering response is "You're not fat you're curvy!" it irritates the crap out of me. There is a difference between curvacious/voluptuous and rotund.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm somewhere between a ruler and hourglass shape, so at my goal weight i'll be curvy. i dont call myself curvy now because there's just way too much going on in the midsection area.:laugh:

as far as the definition of curvy, i'm going to say it's hourglass and pear shaped figures - basically those shapes where there's a noticeable difference between hip and waist ratio.
  • Klamber26
    Options
    i'm somewhere between a ruler and hourglass shape, so at my goal weight i'll be curvy. i dont call myself curvy now because there's just way too much going on in the midsection area.:laugh:

as far as the definition of curvy, i'm going to say it's hourglass and pear shaped figures - basically those shapes where there's a noticeable difference between hip and waist ratio.

Yep, that's what I'd say too.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I think the main difference between curvy and fat is that you can be curvy but still have a relatively flat stomach for instance but you have boobs, hips, thighs and booty. No matter what I weigh my waist is always 10 inches smaller than my hips but there is a huge difference from when I am considered curvy to what I consider fat. I go by the side view. If my pooch sticks out I classify myself way beyond the curvy stage lol
  • Klamber26
    Options
    I think the main difference between curvy and fat is that you can be curvy but still have a relatively flat stomach for instance but you have boobs, hips, thighs and booty. No matter what I weigh my waist is always 10 inches smaller than my hips but there is a huge difference from when I am considered curvy to what I consider fat. I go by the side view. If my pooch sticks out I classify myself way beyond the curvy stage lol

I could be 80lbs and still have a pooch :tongue:
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Can we define curvy please? I never understood what that meant. Don't skinny girls have more curves? (Sides, hips, waistline, etc) Whereas us big girls are all one shape really?
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    well I'm pretty much the definition of hourglass, 37", 28", 38". Love my curves (or whatever you want to call them), just working on firming them all up!
  • Klamber26
    Options
    Can we define curvy please? I never understood what that meant. Don't skinny girls have more curves? (Sides, hips, waistline, etc) Whereas us big girls are all one shape really?

I like what bizgirl said about "curvy". Curvy is when you have boobs and hips but a relatively flat stomach. So pears or hourglasses. You don't have to be skinny to have this, and most skinny girls lose their curvy status because they lose the breasts and soft hips.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    funny thing though. as i gained weight i became more of a ruler shape and there was no difference between my chest, waist and hips. i've been overweight for almost all my adult life and kind of forgot hat i wasnt always a ruler.

so when you have lots of weight to lose, it might be kind of hard for some people to know what their real body type is until they start to lose the weight?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I could be 80lbs and still have a pooch :tongue:
    [/quote]

I hear ya sister! :explode:

I am definitely more pear but there are a lot of people I think are at a great weight but they are more straight up and down. No definition of a waist for instance. I like my hips, just need to downsize .
    Dramatically lol