I LOVE Margaritas and they don't go with DIETS! UGH!

Options

Replies

• steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You know what? It's a lifestyle...and life includes a drink every once in awhile. Just plan it into your calories. I know there are some who will say no more alcohol...but my glass of wine is part of my life. I don't have them everyday. But when I want one, I will have one. If I have to exercise more that day...so be it. Life is life...and I'm not going to deny myself.
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    Jose Cuervo 95 calorie mix. It includes the tequilla and its a 4 oz serving. I get it a Meijer all the time. It's delish over crushed ice. I usually have it at night watching tv almost every single night.
  • kristyjoy16
    kristyjoy16 Posts: 24
    Options
    Oh my god this is totally me! I mean....thinking about a summer without summer cocktails?? What fun is that?! :laugh: I am becoming the master of the low cal margarita (Hungry Girl's recipe), low cal Pimm's cup (with homemade lemonade and Diet Sprite), and flavored vodka's with soda and lime. I also go for sav blanc a lot not only because it's my favorite but it's every so slightly lower in cals (~100 for 5 oz vs. ~125 other white wines) which helps a little. I also try alternating one cocktail, then one club soda with lime, one cocktail, one club, etc. And I totally budget them in. I know myself and I know I'm not going to give them up! :smile:
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Try Hungry Girl's low cal margarita! So good. It is Diet lemon lime soda, Crystal Light lemonade, lime juice and tequila. I really like them and they are around 110 calories per serving (mostly from the booze).
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use Arizona sugar-free lemonade mix (zero cals) or Crystal Light margarita mix (ten cals).

Mix one packet with 8-16 oz water, add 2 oz tequila, and a squeeze of lime. Rim a glass with salt and serve on the rocks.

No, I don't drink frozen, it's too slow and you can't taste the tequila. I love tequila.

I try to have one of these a week. I think it's worth the 140 calories of tequila.

:happy:
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    try skinny girl margaritas! they also make sangria, cosmo and pina colada. their coming out with wines and vodkas too, i think the vodka is already out.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Skinny Girl Margaritas?

^^^^ this they are yummy!! And even Jose Ceruvo (sorry bad spelling) has a skinny rita and it's my fav!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love Vodka. (& Tequila)

I just use a flavor of Crystal Light with my vodka (Lemonade flavor and I add frozen blueberies- then poor the shots in and keep the measured)

Just google "skinny margarita", and your dreams will come true. haha :)
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    As long as you fit it into your calories (and macros) I don't see a huge problem with a little alcohol. When I'm cutting I usually save calories to drink beer while I watch sports. For instance, it's the NBA playoffs right now so I'm saving like 300-400 calories a day so that I can drink some (light) beer later. \shrug
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Try the skinny margaritas. I love these!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Just remember that psychologically, removing everything you once loved in your diet can cause endorphins to cease to release, which causes stress, which actually prevents weight loss! Feel free to treat yourself to a margarita here and there, just do so moderately, and you'll likely still see the positive results you are seeking. It may be a lifestyle to eat healthy, but for some all that makes a difference is moderation. Too much of anything isn't good for you.
    You know what? It's a lifestyle...and life includes a drink every once in awhile. Just plan it into your calories. I know there are some who will say no more alcohol...but my glass of wine is part of my life. I don't have them everyday. But when I want one, I will have one. If I have to exercise more that day...so be it. Life is life...and I'm not going to deny myself.

^^^^^ This much insight in two consecutive posts. It BOGGLES THE MIND!!! Read them both again.

Then enjoy! In moderation and with the appropriate planning.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I use On the Border low-cal margarita mix (artifically sweetened) for 10 calories a 4 ounce serving, then just add a splash of tequila. Voila! Margarita without any of the guilt :D You can get the mix at Target.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Jose Cuervo 95 calorie mix. It includes the tequilla and its a 4 oz serving. I get it a Meijer all the time. It's delish over crushed ice. I usually have it at night watching tv almost every single night.

^^^^ my fav!!
  • Jbvbhl
    Jbvbhl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband likes Baja Bob's Sugar Free Margarita mixer, http://www.bajabob.com/margaritamixes.html and they have several flavors.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Baja Bob's Margarita Mix
    ZERO calories per serving...no lie. Did I mention ZERO carbs too. Oh, and ZERO Sugar
    (Made with Splenda)

It is a great Mix. Cut where you can!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My husband likes Baja Bob's Sugar Free Margarita mixer, http://www.bajabob.com/margaritamixes.html and they have several flavors.

Jinx..ha ha!:drinker:
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Crystal Light makes a really yummy margarita flavored drink mix. You could try that either with or without a shot of tequila/vodka!
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Skinny girl is good too!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    do what you enjoy-just keep it within your calorie goals. Alcohol is something I enjoy and it made no sense to me to cut it out while dieting if I was gonna go right back to drinking it. I make it work for me!