Replies

• anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Great post. Here is to what you have done, and wishing you continued success.
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Yep - thanks so much!! I am going to read this whenever I need uplifting. I think all the same as you wrote - you just said it so well!
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great post, I know you will succeed.
  • jillybean
    jillybean Posts: 57
    Options
    Thank you for the great post! You are so right on all the things you said and it helped me get through a rather tough night. I was feeling quite discouraged because of the thought of how slow this is going and also knowing why it is going this slow and knowing if I had done better and not given up all the many times in my past I would be at the weight that I should be frght now. So thank you!
    45 pounds is awesome and with your mindset and determination I know you will make your goal!
    Thanks again!
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome tips and congratulations on your weightloss!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Love all of this!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts I have read on this site. Thank you for sharing.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    good writeup
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great post and excellent progress.

I started off with many of the same approaches partly because I didn't think I could keep up a strict diet 7 days a week and because county little victories keeps me motivated and stops me falling back into bad habits. At weekends I like to eat fun with my family and drink a few glasses of wine! The weight is dropping off, some weeks more than others. But it's working and you are soooo right on so many of your lessons learnt!

When there is so much on here which can make you feel a bit of a failure for not working out every day or eating something other than a lettuce leaf (I am exagerating) it was refreshing to read your posts and reassure myself that what I am doing is right for me, just like what others do is right for them!

Cheers and keep it up
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - fab idea.

Well done on your weight loss so far - I know you will finish! :)
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    awesome success. why of course! 45, 25 big or small. everyone on their own lvl of weight :3

so yes thats a big thing for you<3

and thanks for sharing your thoughts of wisdom.
    its true, gotta just keep focus focus focus.
    if you not. you fall off.

then you just beat yourself up over and over and over again. just become a cycle till you finally break it.

:D!<3333333333

so post AWESOME! weight loss AWESOME!<3
  • nikkinoonarr
    nikkinoonarr Posts: 101
    Options
    I think your post is wonderful, 6 months is nothing, 45lb is amazing. You are loosing at a fantastic acceptable rate. I can't wait until I can say I've lost 45lb.

Your story has helped me loads today, you are right, it's not a race.

Really REALLY well done on your achievements so far, you are truly inspirational. Thank you so much for your post, which I thought was not long enough, I wanted more ;-)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S

45lbs in 6 months is a MASSIVE achievement - don't do yourself a disservice; give yourself a round of applause!!!

And that's one of the best posts I've read on these message boards.

Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • KungfuPanda14
    KungfuPanda14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post :)
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    45lb is fantastic and your positive attitude is wonderful. I wish you continued success in your weight loss journey.
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • isabey
    isabey Posts: 23
    Options
    What can I say...?... all of what you posted is right on track... we hear it all the times and sometimes preach it... but too many times don't practice it..(like me... wanting to lose 4 or 5 lbs per week...! LOL...!).! your loss is great in 6 months... just sticking to your committment for the long run is an accomplishment...! following your advice will ensure an easier real change for hopefully the rest of your life..... "qui va piano va sano".... slow and easy... Thank you for sharing these points ...!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Losing 45lbs is no small achievement. Over the last 5 years I can only say I've GAINED overall so I'm very impressed with your progress! I think your tips are very sound advice. It's so important not to be too hard on yourself as it's so easy to just give up completely after one little glitch and that doesn't get you anyway.

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting your lessons learned :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!