Six months in - 40% there, and lessons learned

Options

Replies

• chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! And a BIG HUGE congratulations on all the hard work you have accomplished! :)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for posting this. I love how you worded everything and you're dead on. I'm going to check out the link for fun. :)

For me? I DID drop 50 lbs in 4 months....by not eating. It was a bad deal. I gained back 25. I've now lost 8 by doing it the RIGHT way. I'm far from perfect. I work within the limits I have. I can barely stand going without exercise and I never did that before. I love it. This was just so right to read today.
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great weight loss - great attitude. Excellent lessons, thanks
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks and congrats. 45 lbs is a huge number! bet you can do alot things better. i celebrate with you. i started a lose weight journey in december and since then have lost only 14 lbs. its frustrating but like you im trying to make this life time so... i don't let it demotivate me. you are doing a wonderful job. and doing it how you want and what is working for you. thanks for the article.
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ediblepotential
    Options
    Awesome job, keep it up! :)
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Excellent advice! Congrats on your loss!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Thank you for posting this... it's a great advice!
  • PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Truly a great post and great advice. Thanks!
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really needed to hear this!!
  • Louisequeen1970
    Options
    Brilliant post, 40lbs is a great loss. You have done an amazing job.
    It was encouraging to read how all the little steps add up and become one. I feel that ive carried this weight for this amount of time, just to know its coming off is good for me. It may have slowed me down up to now, but it wont be there for ever now ive worked out that I can get if 'off'.
    Thanks for posting xx
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    love this post! i should read this everytime i feel down about not losing a pound or two. Ive been at it for 3months and the 3rd month i hit a plateau and ive just lost 11lbs :( doesnt matter though, im still working hard and reading this has motivated me. Thank you.
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options
    Non-scale victories are the only thing keeping me motivated, some days.

I also use reddit.com/r/loseit for motivation.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Most people who lose weight fast regain it faster than they lost it. Slow and steady is the better course. congrats on your milestone.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kcmoore08
    kcmoore08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...How did you do it? I work overnight, in a call center...I am addicted to chocolate, but I really want to lose weight. It is now the doctor's orders and not just mine. I have two girls that I go outside with for 15 minutes and have to come back in because I'm tired of walking. I'm 175lbs on my 5'3 frame and I really want to be 160 by August 30th and 135 by November 28th (Cruise)
  • babsbrack
    babsbrack Posts: 20
    Options
    Congratulations on your success 55 pounds, you must feel like a new person, thank you for your post, very inspiring and motivational, :-) im only on my first week so this is good advice going forward.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this inspiring post!
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great Post and the link is very inspiring! Well done on your success so far!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Bump for friends. Great Post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!