SWEATIN to the OLDIES with Richard Simmons

Options
2»

Replies

• sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I dug out my Sweatin' to the Oldies 2 about 5 weeks ago!! They are timeless! I used to do them all the time in the early 2000's and lost like 40 lbs. When I started back this time, I could barely get through 15 min of it. Now I'm up to 40 min and I love it! I log it under aerobics - low impact, but for 38 min it said I burned 368 calories and I thought that seemed really high, so that's why I googled "how many calories do you burn when you do Richard Simmons aerobics," and it linked me right back to MFP and this old thread!
  • Overinkk
    Overinkk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found this online :

How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing Sweatin To The Oldies
    How many calories do you burn doing Sweatin To The Oldies? Sweatin To The Oldies is a classic low impact aerobic video featuring Richard Simmons. The number of calories you burn doing the Sweatin To The Oldies workout may actually surprise you. Although the calorie burn may not be as much as with a higher impact routine,Sweatin To The Oldies can still provide significant results. Calories burned during any exercise is heavily dependent upon your weight and intensity level. The calorie numbers below assume you are doing the Sweatin To The Oldies routine at a high intensity.

HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU BURN DOING SWEATING TO THE OLDIES IF YOU WEIGH 125 POUNDS
    The average 125 pound person will burn between 400 and 450 calories per session doing Sweatin To The Oldies.

HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU BURN DOING SWEATING TO THE OLDIES IF YOU WEIGH 185 POUNDS
    The average 185 pound person will burn between 625 and 650 calories per session doing Sweatin To The Oldies.

HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU BURN DOING SWEATIN TO THE OLDIES IF YOU WEIGH 245 POUNDS
    The average 245 pound person will burn between 800 and 850 calories per session doing Sweatin To The Oldies.

Most of us do not weigh exactly 125, 185, and 245 pounds, but we all fall in there somewhere. So this should give you a pretty good range to estimate your calories burned doing Sweatin To The Oldies. If you weigh over 300 pounds the amount of calories burned could be up to and over 1000 per session.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I remember working out with that vhs with my mom as a child. Great memories!
  • ninjapizzeria
    ninjapizzeria Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently got Sweatin to the oldies and part 2.....on vhs lol, i found em at a thrift store for $.50 each, now im hooked I like the original the best, Richard makes it fun and is motivating. I also would recommend Richard's Tone and Sweat video, you will need a resistance band cord to do that workout but it is good for strengthening and toning your muscles. I go back and forth between these 2 videos, with that and Intermittent fasting i have lost 20 lbs so far
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I looooovvveeeee Richards Simmons! :-) I just use low impact aerobics, but I don't eat back my exercise calories. I eat a set amount every day & just stick with it.

I drove richard simmons in a limo years ago. He was doing a show and i picked him up at the airport and Drove him to the fairfrounds about 2 hours away. He was extremely nice and a really neat person. When we got to the fairgrounds he got out of the car at the gate and jogged into the arena in the headlights of the limo. His crowd went wild.