• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in??:flowerforyou:

Of course not, welcome!
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been eating at least half of my exercise calories. I am concerned about eating all of them since I don't really know for sure at this point that that is what I am burning...just going off of MFP until I can purchase a HRM. I have busted my *kitten* the last week and I wake up this morning and the weight I had lost I have gained back plus some...back to 280.8:( What is the point of giving up all the foods I love and working out so hard if I am gaining weight:( I just don't understand how I could have gained weight!
  • kym_lewis08
    kym_lewis08 Posts: 393
    Options
    Goodmornin my fellow MFP'ians :smile: I woke up this morning feeling pretty good despite a small summer cold. Ready to start the day!!

cdwinters..please dont lose hope :flowerforyou:
  • weightoffmom
    weightoffmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    cdwinters...hang in there. Have you been drinking your water? I noticed for me that makes me a difference. Try switching food types. Maybe you might experiment with your diet a bit. I know for me a bit lower carb and higher protein is better for me. I am not real strict with it, but I try to stay clear of high carb snacks and I have cut the sugar way-way down and cut diet drinks back too. I am by no means an expert and my hope is we can use MFP just like this. Give each other encouragement and keep us on track. Keep going, you will find your groove.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Good morning, all !!
    I am feeling ok this morning. Not great. (It's the I hate being a girl time, and that really does interfere with life for a week for me.) I didn't go to the gym yesterday because I felt like crap. I am going today though!!

cdwinters, stay with it a bit longer. We are definitely here for you!! Also, please remember even if you aren't seeing the results you want yet, eating healthier on a regular basis and getting regular exercise are still doing very good things for your body, and you are definitely WORTH that!!

If you haven't seen any loss, but you say you aren't eating the most healthy things, could there be hidden calories somewhere that you aren't accounting for? If your calorie and exercise counts are accurate, I would strongly encourage you to print off the last two weeks of your diet and exercise diaries, and take them to your doctor. I know several women who have PCOS which greatly interferes with their bodies behaving appropriately. Sometimes it can take an extreme change to get things started. (For example a gluten free type diet, or something.) Thyroid being out of balance can also cause a multitude of problems, and wreak havoc with metabolism.

I have a large family, too. And yes, it can be hard to make the healthier choices, but we shouldn't necessarily be buying all the junk we do for our families, either. (I know I am very guilty of that.) I hope I am also teaching my kids that it is ok to have a 'few' chips with their lunch. If they learn moderation, hopefully, they won't have to make the extreme choices I do now. So, for me it has been eay to fix their lunch and include a small serving of chips, and fruit. For mine, I forgo the chips. (I also will deliberately save calories for the evening, and have a snack. My favorite this week has been Ginger Snap cookies and a cup of milk. Sometimes I have enough for a 1/2 cup or even full cup of ice cream. I also bought some sugar free pudding mix for those days when I really want a treat, but don't have very many calories available.) Also, the regular fudge pops I buy for the kids, only 80 calories. That is an easy walk or bike ride to earn one.

The other thing I have learned (re-learned) over the last year, while sharing an office with two very slim and healthy ladies is.... even those that never had a weight problem per se, definitely still watch what they eat, and exercise regularly, solely so they won't have a weight problem.
    So, for me, no more poor me, I have to eat healthy and every one else can eat what they want. It doesn't work that way for anyone. (Except 16 - 20 year old active boys, dang it!!) :laugh:

Have a great day everyone. Challenge yourselves to find a FUN way to exercise today. (I am hoping the weather cooperates and I can take my kids on a good geocache hike this afternoon, and/ or maybe a family bike ride.)
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your support. When I woke up and weighed today I was completely down and ready to give up. But I did get up and go to the gym and do my 40 mins of cardio. Then I sat in the hot tub and the steam room for a bit. I am not going to let it get me down. I will keep logging everything, the good, the bad, the ugly, and see where we are. I am also in the middle of reading Jillian Michaels' new book and know that if your hormones are out of whack it really screws things up. If I continue to not see results then I will be making an appointment with my doctor. Thanks again for all your support:)
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) Here are my results this week, almost 2 more pounds gone.

Last week - 271.5
    This week - 269.8
  • weightoffmom
    weightoffmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OMG....Just weighed at the Doctor's office.

281 !!!!!!!

I am a very happy girl. Down 6 lbs. :smile:

I am not even looking at all the snacks on the breakroom table.
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Ok, weigh-in day for the challenge

Last week 274.5
    This week 267.0

WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! This sickness is kicking my butt! Not to be gross but nothing stays in me very long. I did not want to lose this way :( I want to get back to my norm and get back to the gym and to work :(

Ok, gotta keep hydrated, back to the water and Pepto!

Kim
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Checking in.....244. Down three. Not bad.:happy:
  • ksumme
    Options
    Checking in... 266.4. Down from 272 last Monday. (Of course that was up due to the 4th of July BBQ.)
    Things are moving in the right direction!!! Thanks for keeping me going, y'all.
  • ksumme
    Options
    Checking in... 266.4. Down from 272 last Monday. (Of course that was up due to the 4th of July BBQ.)
    Things are moving in the right direction!!! Thanks for keeping me going, y'all.
  • proctorweightloss
    Options
    Hey Andrea

Thanks for the heads up! So I'm a little late...but better than never! My start weight is 241 lbs. I'll keep you posted!
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Hey Proctor,

I just read your profile and I looked into surgery too, even met up with dietitian to start the 6-months supervised weight loss for the insurance requirement. I've since decided that I can do this on my own with the help of this site and these people.

Plus, my starting BMI was within range for surgery without health problems, but I've already lost enough to put me below 40 and since I have no other health problems either, I'll probably not qualify anyway! LOL, which is fine, since I've changed my mind. I thought about only losing enough to show a loss each month for the dietitian, but that quickly changed:) Welcome to you and hope you enjoy this group as much as I do :)

Kim
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    :happy: Checking in ... I'm at 242.2 now ... yippy!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    great job on our first week ladies!!! I have an extra motivation now. My hubby says we are going on a beach trip August 1 :noway: The horror of bathing suit shopping is enough to drive you to oreos, much less the thought of prancing around on the beach. I do love the beach though. Life is too short to worry about how others see you. How do you guys deal with body exposure horror?
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Okay - I just started on my weight loss journed and am at 275 as of last thursday... Plan to be 175 by next 4th of July. I love working out, or at least i used to when i used to work out all the time. Now, i just have to make time and make healthier decisions. Just because my husband can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight, doesn't mean i need to.
    I am also a new mom, and making the time is challenging, but I know I just have to do that. I don't want my daughter to ever remember me as being overweight! Also, I miss the freedom that comes with being thin....
  • proctorweightloss
    Options
    Ditto for me, kamcat!

The idea of having my digestive tract rewired permenantly scares the hell out of me! I'm glad I went and got the info, but I'm an old fashioned kind of gal. I think I found plenty of inspiration, motivation, and support here, without the intrusive surgery!