Funny about swimming in the ocean

Options
13»

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not, you should never go swimming in the ocean alone. I live in Australia and it's common sense over here to NEVER go to the ocean alone, especially due to the high risk of drowning incidents where foreigners think they are in control of the ocean. It's all well and good to be strong and athletic, but even they are at risk of drowning if leg cramping sets in.

Swimming alone is what a pool is for, not the ocean. It's just not safe to swim alone in the ocean.

There are scarier things in the Australian part of the ocean than the American part, though. I wouldn't go in the ocean at all in Australia! lol

I have never had occasion to swim alone in the ocean, but I wouldn't not do it. Usually the beach is not deserted, anyway, so there's SOMEONE there no matter what. I know what to do in a rip current or undertow and I have never gotten a cramp while swimming and I've been swimming pretty much my entire life.

I've been to OZ a few times. It's not the water, it's your creatures. OMG, Man o Wars amd sharks. You guys have seriously dangerous animals. Even those cute little catapillars that burn you if you step on them. Your wild life is seriously crazy stuff.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not, you should never go swimming in the ocean alone. I live in Australia and it's common sense over here to NEVER go to the ocean alone, especially due to the high risk of drowning incidents where foreigners think they are in control of the ocean. It's all well and good to be strong and athletic, but even they are at risk of drowning if leg cramping sets in.

Swimming alone is what a pool is for, not the ocean. It's just not safe to swim alone in the ocean.

There are scarier things in the Australian part of the ocean than the American part, though. I wouldn't go in the ocean at all in Australia! lol

I have never had occasion to swim alone in the ocean, but I wouldn't not do it. Usually the beach is not deserted, anyway, so there's SOMEONE there no matter what. I know what to do in a rip current or undertow and I have never gotten a cramp while swimming and I've been swimming pretty much my entire life.

I've been to OZ a few times. It's not the water, it's your creatures. OMG, Man o Wars amd sharks. You guys have seriously dangerous animals. Even those cute little catapillars that burn you if you step on them. Your wild life is seriously crazy stuff.

Exactly! Those tiny little jellyfish that you can't see but one sting is deadly?

No thank you!