Turbo Jammers 7/6-7/12

Options
Good Morning Jammers!

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy 4th of July Weekend! I'm starting off the week with Lean 1 and some cardio...haven't decided which yet because now I have too many choices!!! :laugh: I got the extra CE cardio DVD which I really like, and also the Turbo Kick Fan DVD. I only have had time to do about 20 mins of it, but I think you serious Turbo Jammers will love it. The moves were exactly the same as the Turbo Jams, but it was MUCH faster! It's going to be an awesome workout!

Have a great day!
:heart:

Replies

• ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning to you as well!
    I grounded myself from my computer yesterday..it was well needed. I got so much done..I cleaned my house, ran for over an hour, did CE Burn Circuit 1, went to the pond with Jason (had to help load the boat-used my pipes!), and enjoyed the day. I think my computer is a time burner..so need to learn to set the time on it and then cut myself off!:)
    This morning I did turbo jam Punch, Kick, and Jam along with a little treadmill work. I think I"ll do some P90X Yoga over lunch and core later!
    I've heard the turbo kick is kind of the next level and more intense..can't wait to get it someday! Thanks for the feedback Megan!
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, it's my last week on P90X at Day 85 of 90, woot! That "after" photo will be my new "before" photo for Turbo Jam :laugh:.

Anyway, it's Yoga X today so I think I'll sneak in a little Ab Jam too. Have a good one!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey girl!
    Good for you..finish strong! I am doing Yoga X today myself..but I only do it for like 20-30 min at a time...I don't have the time with my other workouts for 90 min:)
    Keep us updated..maybe I'll see you in WOWY soon:)
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey girl!
    Good for you..finish strong! I am doing Yoga X today myself..but I only do it for like 20-30 min at a time...I don't have the time with my other workouts for 90 min:)
    Keep us updated..maybe I'll see you in WOWY soon:)
    Casey

Yeah, I split it up too ... else, my stomache is grumbling by the end :laugh:.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Has anyone tried Crunchless Abs? A friend popped in just as I was about to start Yoga X and asked me to try them for her. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add a 10 minute-workout though I'm not sure I'll be giving it back any time soon :laugh:.

I just previewed it .. there are 4 different workouts, each attacking the abs in a different way (one uses no equipment, one uses a chair, one uses a towel, and the last a fitness band). Anyway, I thought I'd peek in to see if anyone was using it and possibly share how they're using it.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I just found out they're having Turbo Kick Instructor Training at the University that my husband teaches at (and my Alma Mater)...hmmm, it's kinda tempting, what do you guys think?
  • megan0313
    Options
    Actually I just saw the Pro workshop. You don't have to test, but still get access to all the Turbo Kick rounds after completion. The description says there's a lecture, manual, etc. which I think would be great to help with my form. I think I'm gonna do it! :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Well, I tried one of the crunchless abs workouts (the one with the towel) and I only found one part challenging ... so I ended up doing Ab Jam afterward. Of course I could just be getting stronger because I finished Ab Jam pretty strong today also. Go figure.

Anyway, Yoga X is in the bag today ... I'll probably go swimming later and make plans for my soon-to-be 4-year-old tomorrow.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning friends!
    Finished yesterday strong..did some P90X Yoga over my lunch break and then did some Core when I got home from wellness coaching last night. I ran this am..it was such a nice morning. It's no wonder I am so crabby in the winter (haha). I'll do my ChaLEAN Extreme tonight!
    Megan: You GO for it girl! There is one in my area this weekend..but I am not able to go:( I too think it would help with form..and be a TON of fun! How is the turbo kick going since I saw you on this am?:)
    Ghanie: I do several things for Core. I like the Coremax series by Cathe...it's also on FITV if you have that. She has 3 20 min workouts...one basic, one with ball, and one with ball and medicine ball. Very good workouts. I also like to do the ChaLEAN core workouts (turbo also works core) and do also use Biggest Loser Yoga Core. Have you ever tried the Hip Hop Abs that beach body puts out?
    Have a great day to all!
    Casey
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Girls :smile:

Wow, it's been quiet on here lately! Where's Janet...we miss you!!! :heart:

Casey, I was thinking of you running while I was doing TK this am. :drinker: I really like the workout, definitely gets my heart rate up. I'm going to be doing that one alot to prepare for the seminar in August!

Ghanie, great job on all the ab work! Like Casey, I really like the Chalean Extreme ab workouts, and those are the ones I mostly do now. There's a new one (I've Got Abs) on the 7th DVD but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

It's a beautiful day here, so I'm hoping to go for a run later. Have a great day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Oh I was just trying these because a friend asked me to. So far the Ab Jam and The Bar Method gives me the best core workout. I have the Chaleane ab workouts but I haven't tried those yet. It might be time now that the burn from Ab Jam is starting to go away, hehe.

I haven't tried hip hop anything. I can't dance so Turbo Jam is enough of a challenge right now :laugh:. Speaking of core work, I have Core Synergistics today.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning again:wink:
    I think it's just us 3! I have a few girlfriends I'll have to tell about:)
    Megan: It was cool when I got back from it and saw you on working out..I was like you go girl! I def want to get turbo kick..you keep practicing and let me know how it is! Enjoy your run later..kind of warmer here..LOVE it! it was cold on the 4th....:(
    Ghanie: I am not coordinated either..but turbo jam takes time. She gives you cues on how to do the form so you are working your core too. It takes time! Just have fun while doing it! I don't think Hip Hop Abs is hard dance wise...but def will focus on that area! I've heard some people really like it..and plus..it's all about having fun and getting a workout while doing it:)
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    So I tried Crunchless Abs 1 and 3 today and those were a little better. But I don't think I'll be adding any of those to my routine. I'm gladly giving the set back after I try 4.

Turbo Jam and ballet conditioning is more than enough core work for now, which I'll be picking back up a lot more after Saturday. There's also Shaolin Warrior once I'm ready to get hard core again.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning:happy:
    I did my ChaLEAN Burn Intervals this am..oh baby do they burn! But I like that workout. It's a great mix of cardio and strength. And I love Chalene and her sister Jenelle!
    I will do the ab portion over lunch along with some walks today..I've been taking the 5 flights of stairs up to my floor after my walks here at work..that's a hike! :noway:
    How are things with you all?
    Megan: Where is your photo on beach body? I like seeing that pretty face of yours!
    BTW...do you guys use your coaches on beach body? If not be sure to..they are there to help! I am always telling that to the people I work with...ask questions! Beach Body wants you to enjoy their products and get the help you need!
    Have a great day all!
    Casey
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I had a tooth pulled last week and that really gave me a set back on my workouts:sad: then I had the in-laws visiting from Texas for the holiday weekend. Now, I'm having a hard time getting motivated again. The good news is that I started playing softball on a summer co-ed league and we play a double-header one night each week so that will help burn some extra calories! I was afraid to get on the scale last week, but when I checked this morning I discovered that I had actually lost 1 more pound! :bigsmile: Yay me! :bigsmile: Maybe that will be enough motivation to keep going!!??

Talk to ya soon!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Turbo Team!

I'm on schedule for Lean 2 today. I have a really hectic day today, so I don't know how much more I'll be able to squeeze in. Hopefully some abs.

cpafford...glad you're better and back with us...and congrats on the weight loss! :flowerforyou:

Ghanie, great job on your workouts!

Casey, I just got a new laptop and am still sifting through the two billion pics on my old one and getting them transferred over. :laugh: I'll get my pic up soon. I've never used my beachbody coach...I have no idea how to, but I'd like to. What exactly do they do, and how do you get in touch with them?

OK, gotta run, I'll try and check in later...have a great day!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning again:laugh:

Cpafford: Great to see you back! Sounds like a tough week...we'll get you back on track though! What do you like to do? That always gets me going! We should get you on team beach body to be a buddy too..then I can send you workout invites and we can all workout together:)

Megan: That doesn't sound fun at all! Ok..I'll be patient to see your face then! You rock it out as always today!
    When in team beach body, go under connect and click on my coach. That will show you your current coach. You can change coaches anytime you want. They usually have contact info on there or you can just send them a note. BB as a company and with their coaches do not try to hound people..so they let you contact them and decide if you want to be. They are there to answer any questions or guide you in the right direction. People use me to figure out what program to use, or how to use it when they get it, how to modify for their body, shakeology, etc. So you can ask the same type of questions.

Have a great day all!
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Kenpo X and Ab Jam for today.

I don't really use my coach that much. Before I got one, I asked all my questions on MFP which didn't change after I got one. :laugh:
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning all!:bigsmile:
    I went outside this am and it was way cooler and kind of dark. I was like crap is it getting dark in the morning already! Turns out I should watch the forecast as it was going to rain:blushing: All turned out well though as it stayed dry while I ran! I was shocked at how cool it was since it's been humid and hot during the day...oh well made it easier to run..once I got warmed up!
    I am going to get Extreme with ChaLEAN later...going to rock that out right after work so done for the day! I also go on a break for work to walk..and then hoof it up the 5 flights!
    How are you guys today? I love hearing what you are all up to...
    Ghanie: I am rooting for you to finish P90X..you are awesome!! In all honesty, beach body has coaches to make sure you get the most out of your purchases from them and to ask ?'s in general..they want people to feel like part of the community and enjoy the products or to help find one you like. If it's going well...then go with it! If you do need help and don't like your coach..just switch!
    Megan: How is turbo kick? Did you decide on the camp? I wish I could come out and go with you!!
    Have a Happy and Healthy Day!
    Casey
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Ghanie, good job on your workouts...looking forward to seeing your "After P90X/Before TJ" pic!

Casey, glad you got your run in before the rain. I'm doing the Turbo Kick again today. I haven't decided which course (Pro or Instructor) I'm going to take. My daughter, Aidan, is pushing me to take the instructor course, and I think I might go for it. I don't plan on actually becoming an instructor, but ya never know what can happen....:wink: Aidan's too funny, she's went on Chalene's Powder Blue web site to find me an outfit to wear to it. She said, "Um, mom, you're NOT going to wear your regular workout clothes to that thing are you?!?!" :laugh: Enjoy your Chalean Extreme later!

Have a great day!
    Megan