Turbo Jammers 7/6-7/12

Options
2»

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, X Stretch brings me to Day 88. And I'm looking forward to those photos too. I think I'll start taking full body shots instead of torso shots from here in :blushing:.

Casey, it sounds like you had a nice run. I've been getting your workout invitations except you get up a little too early for this SAHM, hehe. I'd love to go running more in general ... the neighborhood isn't too safe so we try to drive to a track about once a week. Though hubby just ordered a Roll Stepper so that might help improve the weekly runs ... it's pretty close to a jogging workout with some extra strength benefits.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning all:glasses:
    Well I did ChaLEAN Burn It Off this am along with some treadmill sprints..and FINALLY finished the season of biggest loser! I got all the way up to 10.7 on my treadmill this am..so was happy about that. I didn't eat the best last night..so was a little mad at myself last night. Although honestly when I eat "bad" during the week it's never fattening stuff..but just more than I prob need. Honestly I work it off...and I pushed myself extra hard this am to punish myself:)
    Megan: I am SO excited for you...I can't wait to hear how it goes. And of course you need a cool outfit to wear...duh! They do actually have some way cute stuff at Target too if you want to save..colored sports bras are on sale this week! I want pictures pretty lady! Can you describe the differences in turbo kick from turbo jam?
    Ghanie: You don't have to accept the workouts..I just like to invite..keeps me accountable too! That sucks you can't run more than you want...hopefully you can go somewhere safe on the weekends! I was going to ask you...can you give me a brief description of each P90X workout and your thoughts? No hurries..AND GOOD LUCK TO THE END!!!!
    Happy Friday to all!:flowerforyou:
    Casey
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Good Morning!

Casey, awesome job on your early morning workouts!!! You're an inspiration to me getting all of that in before you start your day! I haven't been eating all that great myself this week (TOM)...I used to get really frustrated with myself, but I've learned that doing that just puts me in an unhealthy frame of mind. So I cut myself some slack, maybe workout a little more and get back on track...it all seems to work out in the end. :smile: Thanks for the info on Target (my favorite store). I'll definitely check it out. As far as TJ vs. TK...
    On the DVD I have, there are 2 routines (and a "basic moves' section for learning which is more like TJ). Each routine is broken down into sets (i.e. Punches, Kicks, Advanced Kicks, Finesse, etc..) You can choose to do the entire routine which is about an hour, or pick and choose which you want to do. The video is shot in a conference room or something (I guess like what I'm going to). Chalene and two others are on a stage and there are about 100 'students' in the back. So it's live, and there's alot more background noise and you can't really hear the music as clearly as TJ...So that's the set up. The moves are exactly the same as TJ, however they are MUCH quicker, but I really had no problem following and keeping up even on the first time through. Overall it's longer and more intense, so definitely a bigger calorie burn. Actually going back to TJ feels like I'm slacking now :laugh: My muscles, especially my thighs were really fatigued by the end which I never felt with TJ, so overall I'm really happy with it.

Ghanie...2 more days of P90X...I'm so excited for you!!! That's a great accomplishment and you should be really proud of yourself! :drinker: I have about 2 more weeks of Chalean Extreme, but I'm so addicted to it I'm just going to start over again (and again...:laugh: ) I've never heard of a Roll Stepper, we were planning on getting a new treadmill in the fall, maybe I'll check that out.

OK girls...time to get moving, have a great Friday!
    :heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Core Synergistics and Ab Jam is done for Day 89 ... then graduation tomorrow after Yoga X, yay!

Casey, I saw you on Wowy as I was leaving, hehe. I'll look back in my blog and get those reviews for you a little later. I can tell you right now that my favorite by far is Legs & Back ... I love the way it keeps shifting from arms to legs, letting you push to your limits without getting too tired for the next set.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I have a feminine question for you guys ... when I started P90X my TOM started to come every six weeks. I was wondering if you think it would change once I make a full switch to TJ.
    I've never heard of a Roll Stepper, we were planning on getting a new treadmill in the fall, maybe I'll check that out.

Here's a youtube thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZdbWFYddA&NR=1 ... I don't think it could take the place of a treadmill. I just have no room for one and this thing can fit under a chair or desk; hubby found one for $30 with shipping on eBay.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey My Jam Family!!

What's up!! I'm still here and have missed you all terribly !!!!! Still doing my TJ 3/4 days a week and have added daily "walk/run" to the routine. I'm hitting it 6 out of 7 days /week 50-70 minutes total per day. Seems like my plateau if finally really over!! Hurray!!! 11 lbs to goal this morning - that's a first for me.
    I started the new Biggest Loser Challenge at the office for staff this week (They were after me to get it going again) So now I'll have that daily motivation at the office again. I am going to order Turbo Kick.
    I am glad you like it Megan !! Take the class. I was thinking of driving to Dallas next weekend - Cindy is supposed to be doing a training class there. Not sure if I'm going to have the bucks to make it happen though.... We'll see......

Hugs to all I missed and hope everybody have a fantastic weekend

Janet:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I posted those photos I promised on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ghanie :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey My Jam Family!!

What's up!! I'm still here and have missed you all terribly !!!!! Still doing my TJ 3/4 days a week and have added daily "walk/run" to the routine. I'm hitting it 6 out of 7 days /week 50-70 minutes total per day. Seems like my plateau if finally really over!! Hurray!!! 11 lbs to goal this morning - that's a first for me.
    I started the new Biggest Loser Challenge at the office for staff this week (They were after me to get it going again) So now I'll have that daily motivation at the office again. I am going to order Turbo Kick.
    I am glad you like it Megan !! Take the class. I was thinking of driving to Dallas next weekend - Cindy is supposed to be doing a training class there. Not sure if I'm going to have the bucks to make it happen though.... We'll see......

Hugs to all I missed and hope everybody have a fantastic weekend

Janet:heart:

JANET!!!! We've missed you! It's only been the three of us here for a week. Congrats on breaking your plateau...that's awesome! Maybe your walk/runs have helped...I know with me, when I hit a plateau, if I change up my exercise routine it definitely seems to help. That's great that you're starting your Biggest Loser Challenge again...you won it last time didn't you? I think you'll really like TK, it definitely kicks it up a notch!
  • megan0313
    Options
    I posted those photos I promised on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ghanie :flowerforyou:

Those pics are great Ghanie! Thanks for sharing them, they're very inspirational. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Thanks Meagan ... I'm heading off to my getaway with hubby but I'll be back on Monday.
  • megan0313
    Options