My morning rant

Options

Replies

• Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this was already covered, but this site isn't JUST intended to help people lose weight. It's a great tool for general fitness and diet control even if maintaining or gaining weight is your goal.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting our mornings off on such a positive note!

Second maybe you should think there are some here that are struggling with eating disorders and other issues and are trying be healthy not lose weight

If its offensive delete all from your list that are skinny ....press ignore on all members who are skinny .... and go live in your little bubble

oh and on a side note totally not realted but may help get your panties out of a bunch

BaconIsBetter_Fullpic_1.gif
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Feel better now? :flowerforyou:
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    You started at 139lbs? I'm refraining from going on exactly the same rant about you...

ditto
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Disgusted-Lucille-Eyeroll-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9465744-256-141.gif
  • Douganj11
    Douganj11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well who wants to be skinny anyway, everyone needs some muscle or you would look like a skeleton.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You know, I really hate all these skinny people. I mean, really. Why would they even want to be skinny or in shape if not to just rub it in all our faces. It has nothing to do with them and is all about ME! They should just go crawl in a hole and die.

And since the OP weighs less than I do, she should, too. I think she posted this JUST because she knew I'd see it. Selfish, she is.

Maybe you should try and sell her your M&M diet Rml....
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    This site that I have now been a member of for going on 3 years is supposed to be for people that want to lose weight. Not skinny people posting pictures of how skinny they are and complaining about three pounds of skin they still need to lose. It really makes me lose motivation when someone's starting weight is 110pounds and they are half a foot taller than me. I understand being healthy and getting in shape and making a life change but clearly everyone has insecurities and weight it important to all people, but as someone that actually had more than six pounds to lose I find it disheartening that this website has gone in such an extreme other direction.We are supposed to be motivating each other, talking about our accomplishments is part of it, but bragging and fishing for compliments is not.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just in a bad mood anyway.

Think of it like this.

When I was 278lbs, I complained I was fat by what, 100lbs?

now that I'm 192lbs or w/e, I feel fat w/ 5lbs.

it's all relative.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You know, I really hate all these skinny people. I mean, really. Why would they even want to be skinny or in shape if not to just rub it in all our faces. It has nothing to do with them and is all about ME! They should just go crawl in a hole and die.

And since the OP weighs less than I do, she should, too. I think she posted this JUST because she knew I'd see it. Selfish, she is.

Maybe you should try and sell her your M&M diet Rml....

Oooohhhh. My eyeballs are dollar signs now!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting our mornings off on such a positive note!

Second maybe you should think there are some here that are struggling with eating disorders and other issues and are trying be healthy not lose weight

If its offensive delete all from your list that are skinny ....press ignore on all members who are skinny .... and go live in your little bubble

oh and on a side note totally not realted but may help get your panties out of a bunch

BaconIsBetter_Fullpic_1.gif

Ummmm Bacon - this made this post better!
  • Tasha_41103
    Options
    Agreed!!!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You are all right, I apologize =[ I'm sorry
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    i don't think the website intentionally went "in the other direction" but you'll always have people who think they need to lose weight no matter what their size is.

judging from your profile picture, you didn't have a lot to lose and seems like you are pretty close to your goal. so that is awesome. there are others on here who started out much heavier who might say the same thing about any of us. i only had 25 lb to lose. so maybe i dont' belong on here either.

I was totally feeling this. With 139 lbs to lose from the beginning, I'm looking at the OP quite puzzled. Oh and... [sarcasm font]I'm now demotivated because she only needed to lose 20 lbs or so and has taken 3 years to do it.[/sarcasm font]
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well as someone that needed to lose at least 135, the fact that you're disheartened because there are people that need to lose 6lbs to your 21, yeah, 21 isn't a **** compared to some of us. Spewing how YOU feel bad think how that makes the rest of us feel. Get off your horse, that saddles way too big for you, sugar.

this one all the way!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Color me confused. You weigh 15 pounds less then me (and I am pretty thin/in shape) and are posting this "rant"?
  • bettyjo05
    bettyjo05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am glad that you have a place to vent your anxieties. Hope your day goes better for you and never lose site of your goals.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Well as someone that needed to lose at least 135, the fact that you're disheartened because there are people that need to lose 6lbs to your 21, yeah, 21 isn't a **** compared to some of us. Spewing how YOU feel bad think how that makes the rest of us feel. Get off your horse, that saddles way too big for you, sugar.

this is almost exactly what i was going to say... but with a HORSE. so clearly awesomer.

srsly dude, you have less than thirty in your ticker. i have over two hundred. i know ppl who have three. i know ppl on here who are competitive lifters, who are becoming fitness models and who, like me, are struggling to get out of the morbidly obese range, and those who HAVE; and yeah, even ppl like you, who have some-but-not-much to lose. guess what, sunshine, none of that MATTERS. b/c the end goal for all of us (even those who got there already) is the SAME - to be healthy and fit and finally have that life that you want - and it's THAT that matters. who you are and where you're going.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Well the problem was your lack of understanding. This is not a website for people looking to lose large amounts of weight. It's for tracking calories. That is all. People can use this site to lose, maintain or gain. It's all about being healthy and that's what MFP provides.

Sorry that you've spent 3 years here without knowing the site's purpose. Sorrier still that you think you have some proprietary right to who belongs here and who doesn't.

If you're disheartened that you haven't lost all you wanted that is on you. Not any other member here.

You are letting your insecurities get the better of you. Fight them. You're here for you. No one else.

^^this^^

I came here to lose weight, when I'm done, i won't leave. I'm planning on tracking my kcals and macros and on posting losts and losts of pics of my flabless body

it's myFITNESSpal not myFATpal, soooo move on to WW or something, please
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

this is almost exactly what i was going to say... but with a HORSE. so clearly awesomer.

Everything is better with a horse.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You are all right, I apologize =[ I'm sorry
    Thank you...I'm glad you see it now.