My morning rant

Options

Replies

• leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to remember that everyone's journey is unique, and very personal.

I have 100lbs to lose and sometimes it's discouraging to think how long it will take me. I also have a really good friend who wants to lose 5 or 10. When I gain/lose weight, I still have clothes that fit me. When she gains 5 pounds, she's in a whole other size. It can be devastating to her to not have anything to wear. Just as devastating as when I think about how far I have to go. But we both re-focus and re-commit.

There's also folks here trying to gain weight - to be healthy. It's hard for them too.

I just think you have to focus on you, and understand that other people's journey is just as important to them as yours is to you.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not really here to lose weight, so maybe I shouldn't be here either? Or, how about this one...I actually weigh MORE now than the OP did when she started to lose, so maybe I should rant about her?

Balls!

Everyone is here for different reasons and hopefully, all of those people have found their support systems that suit their needs. For me, I've surrounded myself with a group of strong, snarky, totally awesome women who may have some pounds to lose, but they're doing so by kicking-*kitten* and taking names. Not b!tching about how it hurts their self-esteem to see someone who is smaller/skinnier/younger/prettier than they are, complaining.

Dear OP, if you don't like it, stay out of the forums.

ETA: Okay, OP, I saw your apology, so, that was nice. I'm not taking my post down though, because, well, I don't have to.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I wish I weighed 139 lbs. :frown:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've gained more from this site than just weight lose. I started out with just 15 lbs. to lose, but gained SO much more. Friends I hold dear to me, healthy eating habits, healthy exercise habits, as well as an overall different way of 'living life;' one in which I've NEVER had before! My parents or family never taught me the importance of taking care of my health. It's even such a great change that it's even wore of on people around me~my family and friends.

If that 'disheartens you'...frankly....piss off if you don't like it.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You are not a "morning" person are you?

Here have a flower :flowerforyou: and just breathe

This is a health and fitness website and each person is on their own journey to get healthy.

Just seen your apology good for you.

That is the great thing about forums when people disagree with us it can make us think a little deeper. :smile:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Well as someone that needed to lose at least 135, the fact that you're disheartened because there are people that need to lose 6lbs to your 21, yeah, 21 isn't a **** compared to some of us. Spewing how YOU feel bad think how that makes the rest of us feel. Get off your horse, that saddles way too big for you, sugar.

this is almost exactly what i was going to say... but with a HORSE. so clearly awesomer.

Everything is better with a horse.

even volleyball?
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to remember that everyone's journey is unique, and very personal.

I have 100lbs to lose and sometimes it's discouraging to think how long it will take me. I also have a really good friend who wants to lose 5 or 10. When I gain/lose weight, I still have clothes that fit me. When she gains 5 pounds, she's in a whole other size. It can be devastating to her to not have anything to wear. Just as devastating as when I think about how far I have to go. But we both re-focus and re-commit.

There's also folks here trying to gain weight - to be healthy. It's hard for them too.

I just think you have to focus on you, and understand that other people's journey is just as important to them as yours is to you.

This. I may only have a few pounds to lose, but its HARD. Its hard no matter what your goal is, losing weight is not easy. I agree that the more you have to lose, the more daunting the task. 3-5 pounds is an entire new size for me also, very frustrating.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I eat skinny people for breakfast. Be careful what you wish for.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well as someone that needed to lose at least 135, the fact that you're disheartened because there are people that need to lose 6lbs to your 21, yeah, 21 isn't a **** compared to some of us. Spewing how YOU feel bad think how that makes the rest of us feel. Get off your horse, that saddles way too big for you, sugar.

this is almost exactly what i was going to say... but with a HORSE. so clearly awesomer.

Everything is better with a horse.

even volleyball?

Especially volleyball.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I really want to say what's on my mind but I'm afraid it would come off sarcastic and rude. Oh, wait, that's already been done this morning.

Your post has put me on edge. Being new to MFP, I look for the success in EVERYONE and hope they will do the same for me. I don't have a pity party because that will cause anxiety which leads to binge eating for me. Sooo...good luck to you whether you are ranting about other members or raving about your own successes.I'll let you know what I tell my kids when they think something is unfair...I say " YOU worry about YOU".
  • haitienne56
    haitienne56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you have a place to vent your anxieties. Hope your day goes better for you and never lose site of your goals.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You are all right, I apologize =[ I'm sorry

Dont fret, chick, we all have our low moments. There is always someone better/worse off than ourselves.
  • haitienne56
    haitienne56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Now that you are done ranting, I hope you can go and have a good day. This too shall pass.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you meant but it may have not come across right lol...because you yourself look great and therefore it could appear you are exactly what you're ranting about...however...everyone starts their journey in different places and may feel they indeedand i'm happy for you and your accomplishments
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options

very well said
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This website is for fat skinny not so fat and not so skinny people. We all have some kind of goal. If you see things you don't like or have friends in your friends list that aren't geared toward your own goals then get rid of them. Your experience here is up to you. Enjoy your time here and decide for yourself what you need this site for. Yeah people are going to offend\piss you off here(it's a public website that's free and many different people are on here with different views and goals). If your experience here bothers you to a point that you can't handle it, leave. If you feel that you can adjust something in your profile to make it better for you then do it. Either way you have the freedom of choice on this website and everyone here will support you. You can't make a blanket statement that this entire site sucks just because some "skinny" people are complaining about their pooches. I personally envy those people and how far they've come. You can do the same or you can remove them from your friends list. The same thing happened with tv shows a while back. people complained that TV was so bad for you and was violent and showing too much sex, etc etc. So F$%^&ing what. if you don't like it turn the F$%^&ing channel. If you see a poster here who consistently rants about their pooches even though you couldn't shed a tear for their issues then don't read the post. It's just that simple. Sorry, that was my rant for the day...

BTW I'm at 284 pounds and have another 84 pounds to lose so I guess I fit into your ideal of who this site should be for. I hope to soon be ineligible to log into it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    KZwbN.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

I was being heartless and rude and judgmental, exactly like the people I was talking about, everyone has their struggles and it is hard for everyone, I understand that. I was out of line for feeling the way I was and I let one person get the best of me. Thank you all for pointing out my wrong and letting me see the true reason behind this website. It is myFITNESSpal and I guess I should think of the fit people as motivation instead of the enemy. We are all trying to reach the same goal, once again I am sorry I offended anyone or stepped out of my boundaries.

You know what I love even more than arguing? Someone honestly admitting they were wrong. That's not easy to do and most people don't have the stones to do it.

So good on you! We all have low moments, every one of us. You vented yours, realized you were in error and recanted. Color me impressed.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Color me impressed.

Ive got the crayons!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm actually sorry I went off the way I did as well. Let's have a hugfest! :drinker: