Any tall ladies out there?

Options
mcwhit
mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
I'm almost 5' 11''. A "big girl" if you will.... Was curious if any other tall girls are out there? If so, what are your goals?

Replies

• MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm 5'10. Right now my goal is to get healthy and fit. I have quite a lot to lose and I'm not sure what I'll look like at different weights. I think I'd like to go down to around 160-170. I like looking like a woman with curves and a booty...especially being tall with all that. I'm not sure how my body will look by then so we'll see. I'm not afraid of having some meat on my bones.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I am 5'9", I would like to get to 155 or 160
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, my goal weight is 145 lbs, and to eventually look like this

257197828689615671_JdvGFZk3_c.jpg
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", I would like to get to 155 or 160

Same height and same goal 155lb
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am losing weight for my 10 year reunion. At my lightest I was 145 (junior & senior year of high school), and at my heaviest I was 202 (Pregnant with my second son). I started this weight loss journey, if you will, at 175. My goal was to get to 160. As I was approaching 160, I changed my goal to 155. I have reached 155, and would like to average 150-157 ish. I feel much better, look much better, and love to exercise now! Being taller is hard because even though you are heavier, the weight looks so much different than on a shorter person (or at least that's what I've found). Also, it's seems as if my 20 pound weight loss wasn't as noticeable on me as it would've been on a shorter person. I like having curves, and I know I'll never be "skinny" but I am really happy with my progress so far and am just trying to keep it up!
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, ladies! My goal weight is 150. My thinnest, I was around 140. But that was incredibly difficult to maintain. (And I was in my 20s.) Now, at 37, I'd be happy below 160.

I've been a lurker for a while, but am excited to be on this journey with everyone. I need all the motivation and support I can get!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'11" as well. I started at my highest weight of 298 and my first/main goal is to get to ONEderland. So right now that is 199.9. After that i will re-evaluate my goals and see where I am. I have a large bone structure and am very athletically built (broad shoulders, no waist).

Feel free to add me, I love having friends with the same height, and the issues that go along with them!

Also, there is a group for women over 5'9" on here, search "Totally Tall Women of MFP". A great group of girls. :smile:
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" currently 160, goal weight is 145.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    5' 10" here and 161 pounds.

Currently need to shop for tall pants again (darn the luck :laugh: )
  • Stasha17
    Stasha17 Posts: 28
    Options
    5'8 My goal it for 200, I love being talk everything is streched so I sets better.
  • MoiraCunningham
    MoiraCunningham Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair under 6'0" and my goal is 160-165 (currently 171). Just enough to get me into that next size down in jeans and have a flat stomach again!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I was feeling pretty tall before I clicked, lol! I'm tall for my family and my guy's family too, so I forget I'm probably about average.
  • alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '11 currently 206ish. My goal weight is 170
  • magistra12
    magistra12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 135ish. I'm down around 140 lately and I'll be okay staying here if I've put on muscle. I wanted to be skinny again when I started, but now I want to be fit and strong.
  • clkujo
    clkujo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, currently at 175. At 38, my goal weight is 160. When I graduated high school (20 yrs ago-GASP!) I was 120-rail thin. I got married at 140, and was 160 when I got pregnant for the second time-so I've been all shapes! I'd just really like to lose the thighs and butt...oh my!
  • MISSKSD
    MISSKSD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'10" and have a long way to go before I reach my ultimate goal. Right now I would like to lose 60 pounds. I am new to this myfitnesspal. I am a Weight Watcher's member looking for something different. I am at my highest weight ever and would love to keep in touch with others tall ladies throughout this journey. :smile:
  • jacarr11
    jacarr11 Posts: 3
    Options
    im really tall but im i guy so.......
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 175-180. I think you have to take into consideration your body type. I think some people have a bigger frame in general or more muscle mass so they may have a higher goal weight. I was 175 in high school and was very slim - as in, no boobs slim - but I am also very muscular. I can't imagine that I would look very good any smaller than that.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' even and currently 173 -- cheers!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal is 175 for now. I might re-evaluate when I get there, but right now that's what I'm aiming for. Actually, I will jump for joy when the number on the scale starts with a 1, even if it's 199.9 lol.