Lazy Mama to Tough Mudder!!!

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    thats awesome! i know 2 girls that r gonna be participating in th etough mudder in T.O. im so excited for them! what an accomplishment! amazing!!!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    I've actually been talking about training for that but no one seems to want to do it with me which is ok I can do it alone but where do I start.....

Just create your team and they will come!!! And if you can't coerce anyone to do it with you, Mudders are friendly and will adopt you along the course. You really do need ten-fingers on some of the obstacles : )
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    I know a girl from my high school who just went to this. She got in great shape for it! She posted pics on her FB page and I had to ask her what Tough Mudder was LOL.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    What an awesome accomplishment. And I love the picture! Read your blog post on it and it seems like a crazy good time! Rock on muddy mama!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    I love hearing about girls completing these events!! That is an AWESOME picture and you look like you kicked it's *kitten*! Good for you!

I did my first mud one last Sunday and I'm so ready to do the next one, I can't wait for TM to come around! I'm signed up for December 1st in Tampa, FL. And the Spartan Race in Feb. of 2013. I am starting boot camp next Thursday and getting back into my c25k program. That feeling you get of accomplishment and self-gratification when you finish one of those is just amazing!

I'd love to add you girls if you'd have me to have some extra motivation and support and vice versa! :smile:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Awesome!!! I'm doing the Rugged Maniac in MA in September and I can't wait!
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    That is a great picture! I want my arms to look like that! Working hard at it now. Congrats on completing the Tough Mudder. :flowerforyou:
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Freakin' awesome!!!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    That is f-in' hot.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    That is awesome! I just sent your blog link to my manager. He just signed up for this in our area for October 22. He's REALLY nervous about it! Thought he would get some encouragement from your blog and experience! That's amazing! Congrats for completing it!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Wow - you look AMAZING! I really want to do one of those one day, and you have given me hope that it might be a reality. You should be so proud!
  • robbail
    robbail Posts: 11
    You kick *kitten*. Simple as that. A friend of mine does the Tough Mudder and ever since I heard about it that is what I'm working towards!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    I just wanted to tell you how motivational I found your post to be! It is my dream to race in a Tough Mudder one day! It is coming very close to home this year but I don't feel ready. I am doing a smaller "mud-a-thon" to help me prepare. I WILL do it next year! Congratulations!
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Woo! Thanks for posting! My ultimate goal is to complete a Tough Mudder course with my older brother in 2013.

You're such an inspiration.

So awesome that you didn't give up and you made it happen.
    Congratulations for making it until the very end!
  • LastMinuteMama
    I am seriously humbled and blushing as I read these comments!!

All of you are too much!

I'm glad I can inspire!

...and someone wants their arms to look like mine, stop it!!! LOL

What I hope that everyone takes away from this is:

37 is not too old to start a new endeavor!

You can do anything you set your mind too!

Accomplishing your goals, the ones you set for you and nobody else are the only ones that matter and the feeling you get from accomlishing them is freakin' priceless!!!!
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    I hope that you can print and frame that photo! amazing!
  • LastMinuteMama
    I hope that you can print and frame that photo! amazing!

Funny, my hubby already has a frame ready for it! It is definitely going on the wall!
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Love it!!!
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 76 Member
    I love it! Your arms look great!

Heck no, 37 isn't too late to start. You're in the prime of your life!

I'm pushing 50 and have made some pretty dramatic changes myself. I am so proud of you. your kids and husband must be too. Keep it up - You are worth it!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Oh that is SO awesome to hear... That is something I aspire to, and I've been afraid that I wont be able to hang. Now I feel like WHY NOT try it! congratts to your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!