Running...couch to 5k?

Options
ok I am going to start getting ready for a 5k...I have downloaded couch to 5k....so who would like to train with me..We can help each other on here...

Any takers...

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the program! I'm starting week 7 tonight and have my first 5K in 1.5 weeks (though I won't be capable of running the whole thing yet - I usually do each week at least twice!).

Get fitted for some good running shoes before you start - avoid the issues before they start!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know you can do it. I just finished the C25k a couple months ago and it totally exceeded my expectations. I've run two 5ks since finishing and it feels fabulous. The best pieces of advice I got was to repeat a week if you couldn't finish it and that the side stitches would go away on their own with time. I kept researching side stitches and I've since come to the conclusion that it's just your lungs adjusting to the new demands...and they go away pretty quickly. :-)

Good luck and good for you !
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know you can do it. I just finished the C25k a couple months ago and it totally exceeded my expectations. I've run two 5ks since finishing and it feels fabulous. The best pieces of advice I got was to repeat a week if you couldn't finish it and that the side stitches would go away on their own with time. I kept researching side stitches and I've since come to the conclusion that it's just your lungs adjusting to the new demands...and they go away pretty quickly. :-)

Good luck and good for you !

My "side stitches" appear to be from my belly jiggling LOL. I wear a compression tank now and it helps quite a bit!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am currently in Week 6. I just completed a run of 20 minutes without walking of approx. 3K.

You CAN do it, we can help! lol

Please feel free to add me if you would like some Couch to 5K support!
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I started running on our own, we did 1 mile the first 3 nights, then went up to 2 for 3 more and now we're at 3.5 already...didn't need couch to 5k. Too long of a program :P
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Totally recomment couch to 5k if you arent a runner already. love the program.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just started C to 5k last week! Week2 Day1 was yesterday!! I am way overweight and out of shape but I am going to do this!!! Keep me up to date on your progress!
    Shari
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 right now. Feeling very upbeat about it!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 5K training program, and just started my second week. Add me if you would like!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing it and I'm trying a 5k this Saturday. I am only on week four but I'm gonna try to run the whole thing anyway. I did a 5k mud run last month and was able to run most of it. So I figured if I could do that with the obstacles then I can do this.
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    I just started something very similar....it might be the same, but I'm not sure. The app is called "Ease into 5K." I believe it's the same concept, at least. I will be doing Week 1-Day 2 tonight and would love to have some support with this. Anyone participating is welcome to add me. Thanks!
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate of the C25k program. Graduated last April, ran a few 5ks and a 10k before getting a stress fracture, which sidelined me. I back in it now, training for my first half marathon - EEEEEK! Feel free to add me, I love supporting other runners! :)

ps. If I can do it, ANYONE can!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k and I'm at 284 pounds and at week 5 day 2. Don't hesitate to redo days 1 2 or 3 or more times. I wouldn't have been able to get this far in the program without repeating days and I wouldn't have been able to run in a charity benefit mile run without it. Yeah it was only a mile but I couldn't run down to the end of my driveway before this. Awesome program. And yes the side stitches disappear pretty quickly.
  • jennyc708
    jennyc708 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started as well last night. Was very happy that I could run every single interval and felt great afterwards. Would love to see your progress as well, feel free to add me!
  • scottsm124
    scottsm124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K program and loved it. I did my first 5k last thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    sure...week 2, day 1...catch up with me! :)
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    Just finished Week 1-Day 2 and feeling pretty good. How is everyone doing?
  • jennlove79
    jennlove79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm using the 5k running app but I think it's the same thing. I am not a runner. The last time I ran was the required 1 mile run in high school. Tonight I completed week 2, day 1. Feel free to add me
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Just ran for 2 miles straight last night (w7d1). If I can do it, anyone can LOL.