Running...couch to 5k?

Options

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im currently finishing week 1 of couch to 5k. add me if you like! good luck and u can do it!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I just finished it last week...such an awesome tool! Push yourself and don't give up! You can totally do this!

I'm starting B210K (Bridge to 10K) tonight...I'm super excited!

Feel free to add me if you want. Runners are a distinct breed! :wink:
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Planned on starting today, but I have a bit of a mouth infection so decided to put if off a few days. Will be starting it ASAP though! Definitely up for doing it together :)
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have downloaded the c25k app but haven't started it yet, think that I still suffer from thinking that people will be judging me if they see me.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started this program with LOTs left to lose? I'm wondering if I should hold off and just keep walking, or start it now.

My goal is to run in our local 'big race' next May.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1-Day 2 and feeling pretty good. How is everyone doing?

Doing ok! Finished week2 Day3 but am considering repeating an extra day of week 2 because i was struggling more than a bit by the last of the cycles each day!
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    only on day 2 week 1 so im in ,
    i am doing the treadmill version because of ankle injury .

Haha, I'm doing the treadmill version too! In my defense I live in Phoenix though (it's already nasty hot here).

I just finished Week 3 Day 1. So far, I love this program.
  • kalkath
    kalkath Posts: 9
    Options
    It's a great program! I did it two years ago and now I am training for a Half marathon. Stick to it, it's an amazing feeling to cross that finish line! Good luck
  • amyisley17
    amyisley17 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have started week 1 today. I made it to week 4 last year, but I went on vacation and never started back up when I came back. I still regret stopping, but I am going to go all the way through this time.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start tonight but it will be on a treadmill and will require someone to drive me to the gym. I have a heart condition that stops me from driving (for now) and live in a country town for work, so it's 25km to the gym and therefore not somewhere I can just walk to... Also because of the heart condition I can't just run alone on the streets. So lots of obstacles but I'm determined to overcome them! And don't worry, the doctor knows what my plans are :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I started running on our own, we did 1 mile the first 3 nights, then went up to 2 for 3 more and now we're at 3.5 already...didn't need couch to 5k. Too long of a program :P

This. I ran/walked 3 nights as fast as I could for about 4 weeks or so the whole 5K and did the whole 5K RUNNING tonight. I was even off for 2 whole freaking weeks because of manufacturer issues with my asics and just got them back and plowed thru it. You can do it without it! I'm proof!
  • SNYPorter
    SNYPorter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So how do you add yourself to this coach to 5K. I would like to start it tomorrow
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So how do you add yourself to this coach to 5K. I would like to start it tomorrow
    Just google or download the app for couch to 5k and get started! update on how it goes for ya!
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday - I suprised myself to be honest! I never thought I would be able to do cardo for half an hour!!

I'm determined to stick it out!! Doing this along side 30 Day Shred is killing me, but in a good way!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 5 / Day 2. Love it. Have been a casual runner for a long time.. but always did interval training = less than 2 min sprint / run with 1-2 min walks & bleachers.. that was then.. this is way better as I finally finished an 8 min run.

I am trying to consistenly do 4 miles at least 4 days out of the week as I train 6 days. Would love to buddy up and encourage & be encouraged by anyone else doing it!
  • jconnolly528
    Options
    I finished week 4 this week but have decided to repeat it because I was still struggling a bit with it. Re-starting week 4 tonight!
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 1 this morning! :) When I saw that I had to run for 5 minutes at a time I didn't think it was possible but I completed it. :) You can do it! Feel free to add me if you'd like some support!
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have a half marathon (I walk most and run some) so I might be a bit off in the training but I'll start Monday on week one!!!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I never think the next week is possible but we always make it through, right? I also double my weeks to make sure I'm mentally and physically ready for the next challenge. I finished W5D3 this morning and I absolutely couldn't believe it; I wanted to shout to the world "I RAN FOR 20 MINUTES & DIDN'T STOP!!" lol Instead of the world I've told everyone who let me talk for more than 47 seconds about my victory. It's a really, really good feeling - don't give up!
  • FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow ... a little scared I won't make it as week 2 was challenging enough for me :)