Please stop the coffee bashing

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Really. Please, stop it. It hurts my feelings. Why do you people have to keep implicating coffee in your cream and sugar problems? If you want to quit drinking extra sweet frothy milk, please go ahead. But sweety frothy milk is to coffee what giraffes are to bananas.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Would you like some coffee with your cream and sugar sir?

As the Beastie Boys once said "I like my sugar with coffee and cream."

This said, good coffee should be drank black, the way it was meant to be. Although with the crappy coffee at work I add 2%milk and vanilla protein powder to get in some protein, and make it tolerable.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    ...and, FWIW, one cup of coffee a day did not lead to you gaining five pounds in your stomach in a month.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Coffee is the elixir of the Gods and it is a great source of potassium!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I know right. People are blaming coffee for their weight gain--- it's cream and sugar dumb *kitten*! Drink your coffee black like us hard-*kitten* and you'll be fine. LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I think we should take away their right to coffee...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I like frothy cream.

I don't like coffee.

I do like giraffes... especially Contrarian.

I do like bananas *gasp* Hi carb wonderful bananas :)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have no problems with coffee......I personally can't drink it anymore because I can't stand it black and find myself addicted the sweet and frothy versions.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....I love cream and sugar. If it weren't for coffee, I would have no reason to drink them. Thank you, coffee, for making life enjoyable.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    #$%* coffee. I drink Diet Pepsi............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never been a coffee drinker.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    oh I :heart: :heart: :heart: my coffee!!

Yes i have had to watch & modify how I take it to fit it in with my calories & such.... but if i could not spare a single cal on milk/sugar I would drink it black ... not as tasty but still lovely :love:
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think we should take away their right to coffee...

Agreed!!!!! =D
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    coffee2.jpg
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I drank two 16-oz black coffees this morning and I stepped on the scale and I gained 2 lbs :(:(:(
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love coffee...pass the unsweetened almond milk please :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I'm a purist. It's the only way to drink it. Do not hate on coffee.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I am so with you. I drink my coffee black, I have three cups over the course of the morning, and I stop at noon. No addiction, no trouble sleeping, and have lost 33 pounds drinking it.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thank you. that other post made my brain hurt!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Starbucks has created a civilization that thinks they are coffee drinkers but have no idea what coffee actually tastes like.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    black coffee innnnnn bed!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried black coffee because it was all I could have before blood work. It's great! And one cup of coffee per day is good for you. The antioxidants are healthful. It also keeps things moving....... :) LOL