Please stop the coffee bashing

Options

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I gave up the Starbucks Frappuchino Mocha beverage of insta fat.

You pry my real coffee outta my cold, dead fingers.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I drank two 16-oz black coffees this morning and I stepped on the scale and I gained 2 lbs :(:(:(

Go pee
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I know right. People are blaming coffee for their weight gain--- it's cream and sugar dumb *kitten*! Drink your coffee black like us hard-*kitten* and you'll be fine. LOL

As a former Barista at a national coffee chain. I endorse this thought. My overweight customers were the ones getting the extra cream, sugary syrups and junk in their coffee.

And I don't know about you, but i've never met anyone who didn't like something hot, black and strong inside of them every morning.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I drank two 16-oz black coffees this morning and I stepped on the scale and I gained 2 lbs :(:(:(

Are you wearing a Stadium Pal?? :blushing:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    hmmm....coffee....my muse....how I love thee.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Coffee coffee coffee emmmmm yum :love:
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I drank 8 (8 oz) cups of water today and gained 4 pounds. Water is bad for you. Stop drinking it.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!

Did you know that 'macchiatto' is derived from 'macchia', Italian for 'stained' i.e. coffee, *stained* with milk
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black! mmmm. but on occasion I will drink a capp or frapp. I'm drinking coffee right now actually. WHEEEEE
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    #$%* coffee. I drink Diet Pepsi............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never been a coffee drinker.

You and my hubby!

I'll take my coffee black, thanks!
  • jazz0matic
    jazz0matic Posts: 38
    Options
    Dear coffee, I love you. Let me count the ways. I love you from the french press, I love you from the melita, I love you from cold press, and I especially love you from Blue Bottle! I love you with almond milk, I love you black. I adore you with orange peels, and your cousin espresso it great in my book too. But starbucks and peets and tully's and the rest-- you've forgotten what the true meaning of coffee it, so why not call yourself cornsugar-milk cafes instead.

ok break room... imma coming for more coffee ♥
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7vIsamNuMsn8cmIyUn7mV2Upq97FznQEZlzL-ZZRCQp50vSwPmXwK5-vH
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    demotivational-posters-coffee.jpg
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I could give up alcohol but I would NEVER give up my coffee!! I take it with skim milk only added once and by the third cup it's pretty much just black coffee.

When I want a treat I'll do a non-fat latte NO SUGAR.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Seriously - just drink it black people... if its half-way decent (read: not pre-packaged crap), it will taste delicious.

PS: I know it's not a popular option for real coffee drinkers, but I drink my ICED coffee black too...
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    THE BEST coffee maker in the world: (IMO)

http://www.aeropress.ca/
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    THE BEST coffee maker in the world: (IMO)

http://www.aeropress.ca/

i've heard great things. i usually go even more minimalist and use the single cup pour-over method

http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-Single-Coffee-Brewer/dp/B0014CVEH6

At least until my replacement espresso machine arrives, which could be months.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Really. Please, stop it. It hurts my feelings. Why do you people have to keep implicating coffee in your cream and sugar problems? If you want to quit drinking extra sweet frothy milk, please go ahead. But sweety frothy milk is to coffee what giraffes are to bananas.

purist here too!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    And I don't know about you, but i've never met anyone who didn't like something hot, black and strong inside of them every morning.

This is the best thing about this coffee thread. Well played!