excuse me...I need a moment.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Do I tell you I appreciate you enough? :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten much stronger yet, but since I started lifting in January, I have only lost 2 pounds but have gone from a size 10 to a size 6! I love how lifting heavy is making me shrink!

Edited to add that I too am pear shaped. :happy:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Seriously awesome!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Nice vids....great job..keep it up.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to do squats for fear of my husband knowing I have muscles and making me actually do work and showing me off to his friends

I tell mine that things are still too heavy for me to lift. Somehow it's easy for him to forget I can lift 150 lbs. :laugh:
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! congrats to you. :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Great form girl.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Maybe my only future is as a strong woman in a circus :sad:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to do squats for fear of my husband knowing I have muscles and making me actually do work and showing me off to his friends

I tell mine that things are still too heavy for me to lift. Somehow it's easy for him to forget I can lift 150 lbs. :laugh:

Wish I could get away with this. Mine says "I bet you could lift more". :angry:

:laugh:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Giggity. (That's nerd for 'bump')
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

What weight are those plates? It looks more like 135 not 125 (2x45lb plates and a 45lb Olympic bar = 135) or are those 35's and an additional 5? Can't tell from the picture but the plates look large then the 35's at my gym.

Never mind I see what it is in the vid (125) great work, Keep it up and you might, gasp, get even stronger.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You look great btw!
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome XD
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    lifting more than 3kgs will make your uterus fall out. I read that online somewhere, so it's gotta be true.

I heard that about running too........:laugh: :laugh:

Ya, know, I really don't need my uterus anymore... I may take up running since weight lifting isn't doing it for me.

I would definitely check with Dr. Oz on this one, I wouldn't take any of this information to heart unless he confirms it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I went from this (95lbs):

Squat95.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKEfWsk9IE

To this (125lbs)

squat125.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSgfdxKjk9A

AND I'm pear shaped!

What weight are those plates? It looks more like 135 not 125 (2x45lb plates and a 45lb Olympic bar = 135) or are those 35's and an additional 5? Can't tell from the picture but the plates look large then the 35's at my gym

They are 35s and an additional 5. Trust me, I'd know if I was doing 135+. That's been my goal forever. This video is couple weeks old. I did 130 Monday but only made 4 reps on set 4. I made all 5 on set 5 though, so *almost* counts. I'm doing Sronglifts 5x5.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    'nuff said!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hey, all of you congratulating her need to put a cap on it...some people want to be skinny fat...and have brittle bones...and not be able to kick *kitten*. :wink: