• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    lol!!! i love it!! squat on my dear, squat on :drinker:

& you look great!!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice things...
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I went from this (95lbs):

Squat95.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKEfWsk9IE

To this (125lbs)

squat125.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSgfdxKjk9A

AND I'm pear shaped!

Ga-ross.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

What weight are those plates? It looks more like 135 not 125 (2x45lb plates and a 45lb Olympic bar = 135) or are those 35's and an additional 5? Can't tell from the picture but the plates look large then the 35's at my gym

They are 35s and an additional 5. Trust me, I'd know if I was doing 135+. That's been my goal forever. This video is couple weeks old. I did 130 Monday but only made 4 reps on set 4. I made all 5 on set 5 though, so *almost* counts. I'm doing Sronglifts 5x5.
    Nice low bar. I nearly snapped my shoulders up working to get the bar nice and low.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nice low bar. I nearly snapped my shoulders up working to get the bar nice and low.

Actually I might be *too* low if there is such a thing. I've moved it up a couple of inches since then.
  • heylatimer
    heylatimer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!. That bar looks like it has little bends in it like an easy-curl? I have never seen something like that before.

Anybody can leg press... Those who want results... Squat.
  • heylatimer
    Options

Actually I might be *too* low if there is such a thing. I've moved it up a couple of inches since then.

I am by no means a trainer or a pro but I think your back is failing well before your legs. If you straighten your back and keep going *kitten* to gra$$ you look strong enough to do 135+. Just my humble opinion that I should keep to myself :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Squats have made my @ss look better then it ever did when I was a teenager.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Nice work!!!. That bar looks like it has little bends in it like an easy-curl? I have never seen something like that before.

No, it's a normal bar. I think what you are seeing is my hands. I just took stills from the videos (and those were taken on a cell phone) so the resolution is poor.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I like having a big butt and delicious thighs so I will keep on squatting 4EVER
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just watched the video's -- you are amazing! Well done!
  • Rae6503
    Options

I am by no means a trainer or a pro but I think your back is failing well before your legs. If you straighten your back and keep going *kitten* to gra$$ you look strong enough to do 135+. Just my humble opinion that I should keep to myself :)

No worries. I took these videos and originally posted them for form checks. Most people said I was leaning over too far which might have been because my low-bar grip was too low, or my back too weak, or I just wasn't doing it right. I think I just wasn't doing it right. Since then I've been focusing on keeping my back more upright and that actually makes my *kitten* go lower. I could probably do the 135 but not for my 5x5. Soon though!
  • heylatimer
    Options

No, it's a normal bar. I think what you are seeing is my hands. I just took stills from the videos (and those were taken on a cell phone) so the resolution is poor.

Ah.. now I see it. Definitely your hands. Duh! dont I feel dumb.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It's crazy that you started at 95 lbs!!! I was so happy that I got up to 95 lbs during stage 1 of NROLFW LOL! I think I started at 30 lbs bahaha. I wanna be able to squat my body weight...
  • Rae6503
    Options
    It's crazy that you started at 95 lbs!!! I was so happy that I got up to 95 lbs during stage 1 of NROLFW LOL! I think I started at 30 lbs bahaha. I wanna be able to squat my body weight...

Oh, no, that's just the first video I took. I think I started with the bar at 45lbs. 95lbs WAS then end of Stage 1 of New Rules. I was there forever too. I wasn't able to move up until I switched to Stronglifts 5x5. And then I was only able to go up to about 125lbs before stalling, I went all the way back to 95lbs switched to the low bar hold (noticed the difference in where the bar is) and now I'm up to 130lbs.
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump.

I just need this in my topics....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    135# squats totally ruined my pear shaped booty:

back1.jpg
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    135# squats totally ruined my pear shaped booty:

back1.jpg

sure did.

now seriously - tips? programs you followed? please?