Question for all you Awesome Successful Peeps!

Options
13»

Replies

• chloeraesmommy
    Options
    I wasnt sure how that worked..if ur suppose to eat back ur workout cals or not...didnt affect u any..great job!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I shed an entire person worth of weight by eating well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions, indulging cravings sensibly, drinking plenty of water, and exercising regularly.

Here's a timeline with pictures if you want to know more:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoryIda/view/a-timeline-of-my-progress-with-lots-of-pictures-252953
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Betsy, unless you resort to surgery, diet and exercise are the only ways to lose weight...eat well, eat often, exercise 6 days a week with cardio and resistance and enjoy yourself! Good luck with your journey.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've not reached my "goal" yet but I'm close, I did do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, not sure how that's a gimic though, it truly helps and she kicked my butt, I am ready for another round, I might actually use her 30 day shred through my life now. It's just a work out DVD.

I eat my calorie limit and workout, I have taken out fried foods out completely but I haven't taken much else out, I'm actually in the process of trying something new right now and putting a documentary together basically for myself to have something fall back on, but it'll be posted on my personal blog when I'm done. I don't take pills, I don't do anything but workout and eat my limit.
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been working out using Jillian Micheals DVDs for about 4 weeks. For me it is my only way to get in a workout while at home with a sleeping baby. I also go out for runs in the afternoon, but I wouldn't be able to get to a gym for a sculpt or aerobics class or anything like that. I used to think work out DVDs were just an 80's fad. Now I can't imagine a better deal - buy one used on Amazon for less that $10, grab a couple hand weights and try it out!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hard work, exercise, and persistence is all it takes!

I started with walking, then did C25K, and then I started strength training. Now I work out six days a week! Run 14 miles a week, lift for three hours a week, and spend an hour a week cross training on the exercise bike! I'm addicted to the endorphins, and the results I'm achieving. Diet is 90% of the battle, but exercise will make you fit, and love the results!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my goal, in fact I'm a little ways away, but I have lost almost 35 pounds and I can tell you this - eating right and exercising often is always the way. No need for 'fad' exercises or anything, and although and I'm not knocking it and saying 'it doesn't work', I just choose to run/walk 5-6 times a week and incorporate as many veggies and fruits as possible. Track your calories just so you know what you're putting into your body. Make small goals for yourself just so the journey doesn't seem like a long one. :)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey, 5 weeks in, 7.5 pounds lost so far. And while I feel pretty good about that, I can't help but worry I am going to have a hard time getting to my goal (64 pounds lost) by just exercising and eating very sensibly. I know it will take a while, and I'm totally cool with that, I just want to make sure it's possible. So here is my question for those of you who have reached your goals:

Did any of you loose the weight you wanted by simply eating appropriately and exercising often? Not through gimics, no 30-day shred, no crazy diets. Just honest to goodness exercise and eating right?

Yep. I lost the first 50 from walking and the occasional aerobics video. Then I switched to jogging, because it's faster and I finally felt like I could do it. Eating sensibly and exercise can only produce good results! stick with it. You can do it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider 30 day shred a gimmick. I do think it's gimmicky to claim that you'll lose 20 lbs in a week or whatever. ;) But I think it's a great (but short) workout.

I have lost 75 lbs at the rate of about 5 lbs per month through healthy eating and exercise. Exercise has been 30-60 minutes 5-6 days per week. Eating has been about 1500-1800 calories per day, trying to eat healthier but definitely still eating junk here and there ;)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Eating right is key, then exercise helps to. I have losy 57 lbs since September 2011 and have about 10 lbs left. My wife has lost about 40 lbs by eating better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!