Enjoying Pizza and Still Losing Weight

Options
13»

Replies

• alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to get fat from pizza, but bloated from the wheat crust, due to a gluten sensitivity, so when i can get gluten-free pizza, I feel less fat than when I get regular, even if I have the same or more calories with the gluten-free. Everyone's mileage may vary, but I just enjoy it when I have it and make sure not to have a big fat calorie day from other sources that day--
  • akbarret
    akbarret Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made the cauliflower crust for my family the other night and they loved it. I did too:) I will def make it again....and such a calorie difference!
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't make any modifications... just eat fewer slices at a time and you're good to go.

Turns out that 2 slices of my favorite pizza is only about 500 calories, anyway, so no big whoop.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We still have pizza at least every 2 weeks. I make it at home so I make a whole wheat crust. I portion it out to make personal pizzas. I load mine up with all sorts of veggies.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I work at pizza hut, so i eat A LOT of pizza. I've lost over 20lbs all together. If you just make sure to fit into your calories and eat a balanced diet, I don't really see the big deal.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Tortilla and whole wheat pizzas are my favorites. Add lean meats with your favorite vegeys! Have fun with it! I make a Green bay packers pizza with green and yellow bell peppers! Go Pack Go! My wife and I lightly spreat extra virgin olive oil on the crust with a little pizza sauce.

:heart: This! GO PACK!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza once a week with the kids. I'm just more careful about my toppings and stop at 2 slices instead of 4, skip the breadsticks/cheesebread and drink water instead of Pepsi.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    my wife and I have pizza and beer on our "date" night every Friday. I have the domino's medium thin crust with ham and bacon. Its about 360 calories per .25 of a pizza. I use my exercise calories throughout the week for my weekend binges and finish within my weekly calorie goals. All about planning =)
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything like that over and over again. I'd start to hate it if I had it once a week. I like making my own at home with whole wheat crust. Love topping it with pesto, veggies and goat cheese. It doesn't really taste like delivery pizza though and it's more expensive (premade pesto is ridiculously expensive WHYYYYYYYYYYY).
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    I am going to be enjoying some delicious pizza at a meeting today. Made sure it fit into my plan, so no guilt! It's a lifestyle...gotta eat what you love in moderation :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHEESE! But I'm finding that as I grow older, I'm becoming more lactose intolerant.

Suggestions anyone? I'd almost rather die than give up cheese.