Has this happened to anyone else?

Options
I have been at this since February and have had a great deal of success. I have only 7 more pounds until I reach my goal. Throughout the process I have been at 1200 calories and exercising about 3 times a week (mostly treadmill). In the past month I have been finding myself unsatisfied with 1200 calories. I never had trouble before in fact there were days I had to make myself eat all my calories and I never ate my exercise calories. Now I just want to exercise so I can eat more. Any ideas about what's going on with me? Am I losing motivation, is my body catching up and getting angry for deficit, am I depressed? Help this is so frustrating to me and I really don't want to gain all the weight I've lost again. Just to give you the whole picture, I eat much healthier foods like fruits and veggies but I tend to go over 100 to 200 calories when I do overeat. Thanks

Replies

• finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is craving something and it's just not sure what it is yet
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    With only 7 pounds left, there's no harm in reducing your deficit by a few hundred calories. You're going to have to bump up sooner or later and you can always cut back if you're not happy with it. It could slow your weight loss a little but it wont make you gain 68 pounds back.

EDIT: You look great by the way!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since February and have had a great deal of success. I have only 7 more pounds until I reach my goal. Throughout the process I have been at 1200 calories and exercising about 3 times a week (mostly treadmill). In the past month I have been finding myself unsatisfied with 1200 calories. I never had trouble before in fact there were days I had to make myself eat all my calories and I never ate my exercise calories. Now I just want to exercise so I can eat more. Any ideas about what's going on with me? Am I losing motivation, is my body catching up and getting angry for deficit, am I depressed? Help this is so frustrating to me and I really don't want to gain all the weight I've lost again. Just to give you the whole picture, I eat much healthier foods like fruits and veggies but I tend to go over 100 to 200 calories when I do overeat. Thanks

Everyone who is just about at their goal has a VERY hard time losing the last few pounds. I know in my own case, I've been yo-yoing/battling the same 6 or so pounds for the last 6 months. I also seem to be more hungry most days now too, so I'm also going over alittle most of the time.
    I exercise every day in order to raise my numbers, just so that I CAN eat more! :laugh:
    I don't get depressed though, and you shouldn't either! If we're meant to lose anymore, we will! If not, our bodies are telling us "enough is enough"! :smile:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Maybe your body is craving something and it's just not sure what it is yet

I'm with you, it seems like there's something there that the OP just isn't getting.

OP: Are you finding yourself craving anything in particular? Are you taking a multivitamin regularly? Once you pinpoint the craving, indulge yourself! You've earned it! You'll probably find that you're more satisfied afterwards.

Hope this helped!
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do you have a deficit in carbs or protein??
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree, the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is. For future reference, don't ever stop counting your calories, even after you've reached your goal. It's very easy to gain your weight back if you don't work at it everyday & count your calories.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You should be eating wayyyyy more.

Add more protein, more fiber, and search the message boards for previous threads about eating 1500+ a day, NOT counting your exercise calories... which you should be eating by now. 1200 is not supporting all your new muscle.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    your body might be happy with the weight you are at even if you aren't. So it might be throwing itself in maintenance mode.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I agree with Zara. You need to up your calories because you are so close to your goal weight. I have about 5-7 lbs left & eat around 1,500-1,700 a day. Some days it's hard to eat that many, other days I'm so greatful for it :laugh: You might also want to switch up your exercise routine. Start introducing some weight training & other cardio. Best of luck & keep us updated!!
  • candy76
    candy76 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am actually fine if I stay at this weight and get more tone and fit. To answer some questions I don't take a vitamin currently just Glucosamine for creaky joints, I never have a carb or protein deficit just calories and fat deficits. What I have done is just changed my goals on MFP to lose just 1 lb a week which gave me an increase of about 200 calories. Feels a little like giving up but it really isn't. Thanks again everyone.