has anyone not hit a plateu and lost over 60 pounds?!

2»

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    I didn't have any plateaus that lasted more than 2 weeks. First time it went away on its own, last two times I upped my calorie intake knowning that was the obvious problem.

First one happened at about 25% BF. I had about a 1250 cal/day defict. Lasted 2 weeks and went away on its own, with me doing nothing.

Second one came at about 20% BF, I had a 1250 cal/day deficit (unknowingly). Decreased it to 1000 cal/day and it started moving again. Lasted two weeks.

Third one came at about 12% BF. Decreased my deficit to 750 cal/day and started moving again. That one lasted a week, however I was expecting it so reacted quick when measurements and weight stopped moving as usual.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    I didn't have any plateaus that lasted more than 2 weeks. First time it went away on its own, last two times I upped my calorie intake knowning that was the obvious problem.

First one happened at about 25% BF. I had about a 1250 cal/day defict. Lasted 2 weeks and went away on its own, with me doing nothing.

Second one came at about 20% BF, I had a 1250 cal/day deficit (unknowingly). Decreased it to 1000 cal/day and it started moving again. Lasted two weeks.

Third one came at about 12% BF. Decreased my deficit to 750 cal/day and started moving again. That one lasted a week, however I was expecting it so reacted quick when measurements and weight stopped moving as usual.

good way to deal with them :-)
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I've never plateaued. I've even drank beer and coffee since I started. One time I even had doughnuts.
  • jenjay76
    jenjay76 Posts: 42
    I hit a plateau at 50 lbs lost, 100 lbs lost, 150 lbs lost, and now again at 190 lbs lost. I didn't lose but 1/2 a pound in the entire month of April and I exercised my butt off. I think it just depends on your body. I am rooting for you that you will never hit one!

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your amazing weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    I have lost almost 70 with no plateau :wink:
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    I hit many a plateau whilst losing my 50lbs, best thing to do if you DO hit a plateau (in my experience at least) hit those weights! I don't know what your gym routine is currently like, but if you're not doing weights, GET doing them!

I lost absolutely no weight when I started using weights regularly (and actually gained a few pounds at first) but I lost about three dress sizes! Everything just shrunk, I lost my saddle bags, my little belly pooch and the squishy bits on the inside of my thighs, so even though i'd stalled at 145 for my big Florida holiday (which was what I was losing weight for at the time) I was toned and fit and wearing small bikinis!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    i've lost about 63 lbs and have hit several plateaus..not fun!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    I have lost around 80 lbs and have found the greatest thing you can do to get past a plateau is mix it up. Challenge your body and even when it comes down to loosing that extra bit it's more about what eat rather than just calorie counting. Sometimes you need to adjust a bit, because as your body gets use to the routine and to change you need to break it
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    I've hit my first real plateu after 70ish lbs. One kilo gone for the entire month of April. Blergh. Just focussing on food and exercise and it will break eventually.