Anyone Treat Themselves To Ben And Jerry's ?

Options

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    True, it is expensive here in the Uk too, over £4 a tub, but gosh does it taste nice. It would be nice if it were lower calorie, not sure if the yoghurt versions are any better calorie wise ?

It's only about 50cals less per serving, but it is a smidge better for you
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love the stuff. Red Velvet Cake, Cherry Garcia & Boston Cream Pie are my faves. I eat anywhere from 1 or 2 Tbsp to half the pint. Usually somewhere in between those really. It's worth it. I'd rather pay more for it and eat less than eat more of some kind that's just so-so. Cheaper ice-cream just tends to piss me off now.
  • katday
    katday Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    !!! they have a red velvet flavour??!!? i have not seen this in the UK, but want to... or maybe its wise i didnt...
    they have the best tiramasu one and red velvet one!! YUMMY!
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ahhh....Hell yeah! when i can afford it (expensive in Aus)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not me. If I want to treat myself to ice cream I stick with something with fewer cals in it like a soft serve cone, Schwanns rasp or orange cream bars or fudge bars. I get that sweet tooth fix and I don't blow my cals for the day!
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The guys I sit near at work go to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop down the street at least once a week. Thus far, I've resisted the invitations, but I know one of these days I'll wind up going. Maybe I should start doing some extra crunches NOW. ;)
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Ben and Jerry's. We make the best threesome. However, it's difficult to resist eating it all and a tad expensive
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Yeah, I sometimes do. When it's on sale I like to buy a few tubs of it. My favorite flavors are Red Velvet Cake, Milk And Cookies, and Peanut Butter Tracks (which I haven't found in forever :sad: ). I would rather have high calorie icecream that I can sit down and really enjoy vs. some low calorie icecream that isn't as good.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    oohhhh chunky monkey!!!

I buy the tub and pick at it for about 3-4 days. Lol.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Strawberry Cheesecake and the Raspberry Fudge Greek Yogurt flavors at the grocery this week. Paid $3.28 each at my Walmart for the pints. Last night, I tried a spoonful (not lying! just ONE!) of the raspberry fudge and it's AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to have more!!! :)
  • osutuba
    osutuba Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll get a dish out that's a small portion (we have 1/2 dishes that work well) and I'll try to only eat that much at a time. I like B&J because there are flavors that don't have any HFC or partially hydrogenated oils. :-D They taste like real ice cream and don't have the consistency of taffy.

Edit: My favorite kind is Half Baked
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Coconut 7 Layer is my favorite. It's only available in their shops.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Blueberry cheesecake and midnight snack are my favs :-) yes occasionally i indulge!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Not Ben and Jerry's, but a Dairy Queen Dipped Waffle Bowl Turtle Sundae. *eyes fluttering* Pure Indulgence!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    they have the best tiramasu one and red velvet one!! YUMMY!

RED VELVET!!! :love: brb

Off to google Ben and Jerry's location near me.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's the only hangover cure I know of!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Pistachio, baby!!!! I can eat an entire pint!.... or whatever that size is that I get in the store.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    not ben and jerry's but there's a brand from loblaws here that's red velvet .. yeah I'm screwed as soon as I lay my paws on that stuff. 1145 calories if I ate the entire container. had to check.
  • tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just had some chocolate fudge brownie fro yo. I find Target has the best price for it in the states.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Not me. If I want to treat myself to ice cream I stick with something with fewer cals in it like a soft serve cone, Schwanns rasp or orange cream bars or fudge bars. I get that sweet tooth fix and I don't blow my cals for the day!

I tried to sub low calorie stuff for it and it just didn't taste good enough xD

Coconut 7 layer mmmm :D
This discussion has been closed.