To the Chocolate Lovers...

Options
2»

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I almost always follow my workout too with skim chocolate milk. Nesquik actually has a lot of good vitamins and stuff. I also like Hershey's 60 calorie dark chocolate sticks. It's got those healthy flavanoid antioxidants in it.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein snacks with cocoa and peanut butter. Oatmeal and molasses as well. Always helps me out and gives me a boost.

Can I please have the recipe for this...sounds really good! :happy:

You bet. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kindof cook- so the amounts are approximate lol.

I take 4tbsp Peanut Butter (no salt kind), 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa, 2 Eggs (more if you want cake instead of cookie), 1/2 stick of butter (your choice), 3-4 tbsp Molasses, Sugar to taste (I use about 1/8 cup or so because the molasses takes care of most of the sweetness), 1-2 cups flour (add more if you want chewey cakey bites), 1 cup of Oatmeal, 1 tbsp or so of Baking Powder, pinch of salt and a capful of vanilla. To really up the protien- toss in some protein powder.

Bake at 350-375 for about 12 minutes. Yields about 12 small bites- any bigger and the calorie load jumps exponentially. I make drops about 2 inches big.

They're good snacks, great for after workouts too. Hubbs has a vegan protein bar he makes- It's awesome! He'd have to put that one up- it's more detailed than my "throw it all in a bowl and make it look pretty good' method. :laugh:

Please send me that recipe if possible as well. :bigsmile:
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate jello puddy or hunt's snack packs MMMMM
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    No Pudge Fudge brownie mix is my favorite! All you need is some lowfat vanilla yogurt and you are all set. On the side of the box is a recipe for a single serving. Just nuke it in the microwave for 1 minute and you have an instant, warm, chocolate brownie for about 120 calories! BOMB!

P.S. you can get the mix at Trader Joe's and they also have a really good lowfat organic vanilla yogurt to mix it with

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options
    I also lovee chocolate and I've found that the South Beach Living Snack Bar Delights really take care of the chocolate craving. They are only 100 calories and they are soo good =)..I think they even taste better than regular candy bars.

really? i got the hazelnut creme ones and don't like them at all! very bitter!
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options
    anyone have any weight watchers chocolatey snacks they can suggest too?