Plus size woman clothes

Options
allifantastical
allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
During my journey I don't want to fork out alot of cash on new clothes because I hope to not be wearing them for too much longer, but while I make my transition I need to be able to wear SOMETHING...

There is a Torrid & Lane Bryant near me but I can't afford to spend a gazillion dollars on their clothes, even in the clearance section.

Do any of you know of any cheaper plus size stores online or not who sell decently priced plus size clothes?

I know our clothes are made with a littler more fabric, but dang...not that much more!

Replies

• Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Catos! !!!!! My fab store ever!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Whaaaaat?? I didn't know forever21 had a plus size section! Heaven.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options

I know right? I love XXI :)
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ross has amazing designer plus sized clothes!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Macy's
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Maurices has a plus size section too and they have some really cute clothes there! Deb at the mall has some really cute plus sized clothes too. They both have websites, but I'm not sure what they are off the top of my head lol.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There's a website in England called Simply Be - they do plus size clothes, and I think they have an American version as well - some of the stuff isnt too badly priced :smile:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I'm...like...speechless. Holy crap!! LOL
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like ASOS.com (cuve section). Very.com, and DorothyPerkins.co.uk (they don't have 'Plus" but fit up to 18-20 US). Oh and lastly is www.eshakti.com --- this is really cool, clothing can be customized to fit. Length, neckline, sleeves, etc. And it is super cheap. It is like having a tailor.

And then of course there is the Old Navy Plus online store. And Gap and Old Navy go on sale a lot.

And you can hit up the goodwill stores of course, or the clearance rack at Target, Macy's or Nordstroms.
  • Sammijo24
    Sammijo24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I know right? I love XXI :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff! Its always so cute. Literally half my closet is from Forever 21
  • repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    Old Navy
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    JCPenney makes really nice plus size workwear. Their Worthington brand comes in curvy cut that fits really nicely if you have more booty and hips and comes in plus sizes also.
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toagirl
    toagirl Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I've actually found a LOT of my cute stuff at Goodwill. Don't be afraid to go thrift shopping! It's cheap and great when you know you're going to be losing more weight anyway.
    I recommend going a couple times a week and check different locations too. It's worth it :D
  • nisemac
    nisemac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you could also find a good tailor...especially for any really nice pieces of clothing you have now. it can sometimes be cheaper.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Just saw this list reblogged on tumblr :D

Stores that cater to plus sized women:

Torrid
    Asos Curve
    Alloy
    Old Navy
    eShakti
    Forever 21+
    Lane Bryant
    Fashion Bug
    Loop 18
    ModCloth
    Avenue
    One Stop Plus
    Jessica London
    Ashley Stewart
    Macy’s Plus
    Kiyonna
    Alight
    Roamans
    Deb Plus
    b & lu
    Dorothy Perkins
    Primark
    Evans
    City Chic
    Domino Dollhouse
    Dots
    Sealed With A Kiss Designs
    Ross
    TJ Maxx
    Marshalls
    Sears Plus
    Target Plus
    KMart Plus
    Fashion to Figure
    Simply Be
    eVogues
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what part of the world you live in, I can't recommend specific stores.
    But here's a few generic suggestions for you:
    - beg, borrow or steal a sewing machine, or chat up a friend who can sew. I managed to take in some pants and skirts about 2 sizes before I had to get rid of them.
    - look for second hand stores (Sammies, Goodwill etc) in your area. I often find basics like plain black pants or skirts for work, or jeans here.
    - buy new t-shirts at a "cheap" shop near you (Target, K-mart etc). You can wear them under jackets or shirts for a different look from the same basics.
    - drag out scarves, necklaces etc - again, different accessories can make you feel like you are wearing something different even if it's the same old black pants and shirt underneath.
    - you can't avoid spending money on new undies - but if you save money on the outside stuff then you can afford to get a well-fitting bra and that makes everything look and feel better!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores? I know that's where I plan on getting the most for my money.