why do people LOCK their diary?

Options

Replies

• FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I just hate when people judge me based on how I do things. People always get on me about everything - how I do dishes, how I play WoW,... I don't want people looking at my food diary and saying "you need to do this" or "only idiots do that".

Recently though I just unlocked it. But if people get snippy with me about what's in it I'm gonna lock it again!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think it comes locked when you sign up. I had only known to unlock mine at the suggestion of a friend.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I don't know if mine's locked or not. Friends can see it, but not sure if it's public...I should check.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Because i don't want people to see how often i binge on Oreo's and Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Oops! I just outed myself!

LOL

LOL...who cares as long as it's within your calories and you drank a lot of water that day...LOL
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    because it's an option to keep it private -- or to only let a few select friends view and possibly offer opinions, etc... food/diet is such a personal thing..i see no problem with locking diaries or having them totally private.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that when you sign up the default is for it to be private. If you don't know you won't change it.

I only have my food diary open to friends as it keeps me accountable. I don't think that everyone and their uncle Bob needs to know what I'm eating. That's just me.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just hate when people judge me based on how I do things. People always get on me about everything - how I do dishes, how I play WoW,... I don't want people looking at my food diary and saying "you need to do this" or "only idiots do that".

Recently though I just unlocked it. But if people get snippy with me about what's in it I'm gonna lock it again!

I LOVE WOW, lol! I just signed back up for it the other day after a lengthy hiatus. Waiting patiently for the pandas.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open for the sense of accountibility and if I ever need feedback. I've been lucky so far, I guess, not to get any snarky comments about what I eat, but I can see that being a major motivator to closing it. People are certainly allowed their privacy if they want it. There are still TONS of open diaries out there if you need ideas or inspiration.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Because too many people here have too many opinions. No matter how you eat, someone will disagree with it. If someone wants to see my diary they can send me a friend request.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    keeps the food police out.:devil:
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I don't know if mine's locked or not. Friends can see it, but not sure if it's public...I should check.

Yours is public...I just looked :laugh:
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    if i want to share what i've had for a meal, i'll post it in a comment. if it's my own recipe and they want more info, i'll gladly give it.. but otherwise, the diary is there for me so i can track what i'm doing right and wrong. i don't need people to give their two cents and possibly make me feel like i've failed for the day or whatever. i can do enough damage to my psyche on my own, thanks :)
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I keep mine friends only so I have control over who sees it. My diary is my business and unless I am looking for feedback on what I eat, I'll keep it that way. That's just how I feel...

I agree. the only person I even remotely want to see how I'm eating is my fitness instructor who checks the diaries of those of us on her plan. I had mine closed even to friends until I joined her program, now I have it open to friends only.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    In the case of people like my mom (not very tech-savvy), they don't know it's locked. It's locked by default, right?--so she doesn't know how to unlock it.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't want people to comment on what I eat, especially when it's going to be some random over the internet. Also because my calorie limit is fairly low and I don't want the "starvation mode" brigade on my *kitten*.

Why would you want that same random to befriend you and support you? hah.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Ancient.Chinese.Secret.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think mine is set to open... I prefer it that way at least. I'm on here for a reason, I want the accountability of recording everything and letting the world know what I'm doing, so if someone chooses to call me out on something, they certainly can, and it will encourage me to stay on track!

but everyone is different. If you want yours open, great.. if not, /shrug no big deal to me
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends-only. I have an eating disorder, so I don't want to trigger those recovering, or give healthy people the idea that what I do is okay. I also find people who preach about my intake annoying. I know I have a problem, so some random stranger on the internet telling me I have a problem is really not all that helpful.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    We live in the land of the FREE!

Personal choice!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Because it's MY diary! mwahahaha