why do people LOCK their diary?

Options

Replies

• tomakehermine
    Options
    I've found a few so far, but if I see a women with similar goals or weight to mine I like to see what they eat to give me ideas.

maybe just send them some private messages for ideas?
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to view by anyone - not that there's anything exciting in there xD

I don't mind constructive feedback and it's cause I had my diary open that I eat the way I do now.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Why do they lock their diary? That's easy -- because they don't want you to see what they've been eating.

Some people have certain dietary needs that they don't feel like explaining or defending. Just leave it at that.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just hate when people judge me based on how I do things. People always get on me about everything - how I do dishes, how I play WoW,... I don't want people looking at my food diary and saying "you need to do this" or "only idiots do that".

Recently though I just unlocked it. But if people get snippy with me about what's in it I'm gonna lock it again!

I LOVE WOW, lol! I just signed back up for it the other day after a lengthy hiatus. Waiting patiently for the pandas.

Another Azerothian here. haha. Came back after a year of not playing. (Been off and on since 2006.) I'm not too sure how I feel about the pandas. And now I read that achievements are going to be account-wide rather than character-based...? I don't know how I feel about that. Getting a mount at 20 was ridiculous enough, but I guess I'm an old-timer :P
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I keep mine private because I want to.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. :)
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    I keep mine public - so people can make suggestions even when I don't realize I need one! Haha & I have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of. Also, I'm hoping to inspire others, as well - if they see a brand I eat, and want to try it themselves.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Because I want to.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    because they want to...
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Because people have been attacked on here, teased, put down and treated like trash. It's hard enough to lose weight without being bullied.

Mine is friends only. If you'd like to see it, lets be friends. :flowerforyou:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I keep mine friends only so I have control over who sees it. My diary is my business and unless I am looking for feedback on what I eat, I'll keep it that way. That's just how I feel...

Yeah, but nobody is going to private message you to tell you that your food diary looks like crap LOL Unless of course they are your friends and they will probably be a little nicer...

I would really like to see more diarys open... I get a lot of ideas from open diarys...
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends-only. I have an eating disorder, so I don't want to trigger those recovering, or give healthy people the idea that what I do is okay. I also find people who preach about my intake annoying. I know I have a problem, so some random stranger on the internet telling me I have a problem is really not all that helpful.

^ THIS!!!!

I think people need to stop worrying about what other folks are eating and focus on their own diets. I am wishing YOU wellness and success with your recovery. I know all to well about disordered eating patterns.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open for the sense of accountibility and if I ever need feedback. I've been lucky so far, I guess, not to get any snarky comments about what I eat, but I can see that being a major motivator to closing it. People are certainly allowed their privacy if they want it. There are still TONS of open diaries out there if you need ideas or inspiration.

I totally agree. That's why mine is open - while I haven't had any snarky comments, I'd like to think I'm a fairly strong person to take them - they're just words and someone's opinion. If they did hurt, it's less pain than the actual work I'm doing, i.e. Working out.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I don't know if mine's locked but I make all my own food, eat very well and have been losing weight. I'm only using MFP to lose 10-15 pounds, but I don't have a scale anyway. Weekly photos and body measurements tell a much better story anyway! So if you're curious take a peek. I usu. categorize my foods into "recipes" that I don't make public bc MFP wants too much info. Maybe you can see those as well though my diary?

EDIT: I logged out and saw that my diary is public, but my recipes can't be seen. Bummer, as that's where all the real magic happens. Oh well...

LOL that is a bummer! I would like to see the magic!
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm more honest when I don't have to worry about judgement. Also, sometimes I'm lazy and will make general entries or will plan something but actually eat different (but the same cal count). I don't track macros, just calories. It's what works for me!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    People lock there diary cause there are craxy people around these parts.

Strangers telling you X Y and Z becasue "i read an article on the internet"

"Oh an article you say, well that puts my mind at rest. Degree? Qualifaction no no no, you googled, well please tell me how to live my life"

Sorry too much coffee lol
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    I've seen some posts that people are ashamed of what they are eating because they arent "eating healthy", they are just controlling their portion size - which works as well! I don't think anyone should be ashamed of just controlling portion sizes... I still eat fatty foods I just limit how much of them I eat.
  • CS101
    CS101 Posts: 4
    Options
    Mines on view - TBH would be interested to know what people thought of my food intake lol x
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked because that is where I keep my valuables. If my house is ever robbed, there is no WAY my precious objet d'art and my millions of dollars worth of jewels will ever be found. It's just common sense!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not looking for advice on my diet