All those who are under 160lbs

13»

Replies

• btretiak
    btretiak Posts: 23
    IN RESPONSE TO THIS:

[/quote]That's only true if you consider your exercise as part of your daily activity. I base my daily activity level on what I do in a day besides exercising so that's why I add those calories back when I do workout.

Especially because TDEE is an estimate, from a website. At least when I add in my exercise from my heart rate monitor it's more custom to me (not totally accurate, but better).
    [/quote]

If you set your exercise level to sedentary and THEN exercise, by all means eat your calories back. But, again TDEE means TOTAL...ie..it includes and assumes the exercise level you put into the equation. It also already factors in the "what I do in a day" part of your day. The name pretty much explains exactly what it is. You aren't smarter than every TDEE and BMR calculation out there.

To be blunt, you're right...the BMR is "just an estimate", but that's a poor reason to throw it out the window. Someone who consistently eats below their BMR has no business telling anyone else to do the same. This is 'working' for you because you're still a good bit overweight for your height. Once you hit a healthy weight, your body is going to suffer greatly if you continue to eat 1200 calories a day.
  • Changing2012
    Changing2012 Posts: 11 Member
    I was so happy to see people in the same boat as me! I'm trying to kick it up a notch, but I refuse to go hungry.... going to step up the exercising, they always say the last ten pounds are the hardest to lose.

Feel free to add me! My diary is open to friends and I'm always open to suggestions. :)