Hubby's weight = my weight :(

Options

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My last boyfriend weighed less than me when we got together but almost right after we moved in together he started packing on the pounds. He would say it was his settled weight because he's taken and so being heavier was okay :noway: ummm, no! I started losing weight and making an effort to get healthy, he kept eating and getting heavier and lazier...yeah this could turn into a rant REAL fast! :laugh:

I do remember being uncomfortable with the fact that I weighed more than him and it did provide pretty great motivation of start making changes to my lifestyle. Once I discovered how much I like being healthy that became my motivation, probably a good thing since I finally woke up and kicked my ex out the door (don't judge, he was telling lies that endangered my kids).
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    So it finally happened...my husband who is two-three inches taller than me weighs the same as me. He had always been between 10 to 20 lbs heavier than me but not anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do if he weighs less than me. I swore that I would never let that happen. I just started losing weight (again) but I keep starting strong and then quitting and going right back to where I started...he has been on a steady decline...it's so simple for him...just don't eat. PFFT! Stress eating is my thing and there's been more than enough stress going around.

Anyone else struggle with a significant other that weighs the same or less than you?
    Yes! We used to have at least a 20lb difference between us, and in the first couple years it was more like a 30-40lb difference (both of our weights went up so I really don't know what he weighed in the beginning, I only have my weight to base it on)! Then last August I stepped on the scale and realized my weight was up to 175, then the next month it was 185 and we weighed the SAME... I'm 5'6" and he's 5'10". It really upset me, I cried right on the scale when I realized that!

Now, he's about 183 and I'm 163, so we're back to a 20lb difference and I feel better. I want to lose about 30-40 more lbs before I'm at my goal, he could lose 15-20 if he wanted to but he doesn't really seem to care and he looks fine already (imo) so the difference will just get bigger. I do sort of think that he will want to lose some weight as I get closer to my goal, but that's all up to him!
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A friend of my boyfriend just told me his weight. I am 3 lbs heavier than he is. It's just depressing. I'm like you and stress eat. It's definitely hard.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    When we started trying to get healthy, my wife weighed 17 pounds less than me. She's been sick this last month and she hasn't been able to work out so I've cut her lead down to less than 10 lbs. It bothers her a little, but she's proud of what I'm doing and she knows she'll get back to it once she's better, so we're good.
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 100lbs more than my boyf (did when we met...still not too sure why hes with me!)

I can either use it as motivation, or fatten him up...I'm thinking a bit of both

You're not sure why he's with you? Because he loves you, and what you look like on the outside means nothing to him, but who you are. You should never ask that question when you are talking about looks.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband has always about the same as me. It's not good for either of our egos but I've stopped caring.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my hubby is 6'. At my highest, I was 50 # more than him! Currently we weigh about the same :/ ... But I am going to get to where I need to!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My guy is same height and I am 70 heavier... imagine how retarded I feel
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 100lbs more than my boyf (did when we met...still not too sure why hes with me!)

I can either use it as motivation, or fatten him up...I'm thinking a bit of both

He's with you because he obviously loves you and cares for you. Now, go give him some sweet lovin'. He's a keeper.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes! My husband is an inch taller than me and he weighed less than me when I started. NOW, I weigh 10 lbs less than him!!!! :laugh:
  • Kathygivens
    Options
    Don't give up~~~~~ I have not had the total situation but, when my husband started to shed weight off he lost 10 lbs in the first week and has lost almost 30 lbs. Men tend to loose it easier then we do. I just say that it is best to keep focused and just keep working out and eating right. It is best to loose it slow then to loose it fast. He continues to struggle with his weight loss and at this point mine is staying off:) I know it is hard. I make myself get up and I hit the gym or my workout video's. I was a coke drinker and giving that up was hard. I treat myself every once in a while but, I won't buy it for my house. You can do this!!! I had a goal which was bloomsday and now that that is over I have to set a new goal. If I don't have a goal I won't get up and do it:) I hope you can just get up and keep going!! you need this for you!!:):flowerforyou:
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You should both be using each other as motivation at this point! it's a perfect opportunity for bonding and moral support :)
    Best of luck!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hope that never happens to me. My husband is 6 foot tall and I'm only 4'11" I never want to weight over 200 pounds. He would be too skinny if he weighed what I do. Of course, if I was so 5'8" I would be the perfect weight for my height :)
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    This is a really big struggle for me. I weigh 330 lbs. My husband ways 145. *sigh* He's got a very nice muscular build (toned, not ripped, but very nicely toned) and then there's me. I really struggle with this. I way 2.5 times my husband....
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    My husband has always weighed less than me and he's like a foot taller. It doesn't really bother me. The only thing that pisses me off is that he is the type that can eat anything he wants and not gain. Seriously. I hate him.

No really I don't.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    soooo...maybe look at this as a motivator to make a change instead of lamenting the fact?
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy for a couple years who always weighed less than me. Tall and skinny, cross country in high school, and grew up on a farm so just generally active. He struggled to keep weight on and build muscle, I struggled to keep it off.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'1 and 220; I am 5'1 and right now 169. My peak weight was 206 and I was freaking as my husband would periodically say I weighed more than him. I was 140 when he met me in 2004; I went to 127 in 2007. Then I quit smoking, followed by quit drinking, a lot of life troubles, medical stuff and wound up a big toad. On my way back down with a new goal of 118.
  • mrsragan
    mrsragan Posts: 4
    Options
    Ugh my hubby just up and decided he needed to lose weight and BOOM dropped 30 lbs effortlessly. No major changes just cut out a little food. I struggle and stuggle and lose NOTHING! Whats even more frustrating is I get a daily,( sometimes 2 times a day) update on his weight and he's always referencing how loose his pants are. I have just started to ignore him. Its so discouraging to me. But he just doesn't get it.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm the youngest in the family and my mom weighed only 10 lbs more then me. We started a family challenge and she now weighs about 10 lbs less then me and my sister weights 30lbs less then me..... This was hard to take knowing I'm the heaviest in the family now..... But I'm not going to give up and the whole family is doing a great job and sooner or later I will hit my goal weight and not be the heaviest anymore!