Any Older Mom's out there with young kids?

Options
124»

Replies

• ldel1111
    ldel1111 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm turning 50 this year with a 7 year old son and two girls, 19 and 26. I work at home and have just stared MFP and walking every day. Going to start Jillian Michaels 30 day burn soon. I'm ready to lose weight and be healthy again.
  • getNfitRN
    getNfitRN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    44 years old, two boys ages 7 and 10 (7 turns 8 in about a week). Married, work outside the home 3 days a week for 12 hour shifts. 5'6" with goal 150-160. Am 180 now. I was exercising 3 gays a week then with work issues and scheduling problems, I lost the workout bug. Looking to get it back and get going again. Try to stay undet 1400 cal a day.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi, hi!! I'm forty-one with three kids under four years of age. I also have a daughter in college :). Please friend me, I'm new to using the community board but have logged food for four weeks. I have to get healthy now because these kids will need their mom. I know all about stress, lol, my 8 month old is teething as I write this. Talk about grumpy!
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lol, my first laugh of the day, three gays a week, that'll burn some calories for sure!
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and a mom of a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Feel free to add me!
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 37 year old mum of 4, ages 16, 10, 9 & 3. I have been a member of this site for a while but never really got into it. Determined now though as have a big party at the end of June and some old friends will be going. I want to be able to look great and feel beautiful, without resorting to tight fitting knickers that suffocate me haha! or unflatering loose fitting clothes. I have a busy husband who is out most nights, leaving me very little escape time to hit the gym, so I ordered him to clear his junk out of garage and have now turned this into a gym :D. I have about 20lbs to lose in order to achieve my ideal weight, but setting a target of 10lbs initially, got about 6 weeks to do it.

Hope you all achieve your goals, good luck xx
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I have:
    A 17 year old Daughter
    A 14 year old Daughter
    A 13 year old son (he has Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD and is Bi-Polar)
    A 5 year old
    2 Dogs
    2 Cats
    A Husband

. . . and a full time job!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many on here!

I am 41, work in AND out of the house with 5 kids ages 7 - 23:)
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always feel like the "oldish" Mom on the block....... maybe not so much with my daughter but definitely with my son. I'm 44 and I have a 10 year old (going on 16) and a 6-year old Kindergartener.

I work full-time out of the home and I also am very creative, have an Etsy shop for my jewelry and other creations, do the craft show circuit especially at Christmas time and try to be the best Mom (and wife) I can be.

would love to meet some new friends.
  • McCarthy6
    McCarthy6 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 45 with a 15 year old and 9 year old triplets. I'm been on here for a bit but am just starting to get back on track again. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 46 with 4 kids from 9-26. :smile:
  • Angster65
    Angster65 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 46 with 2 daughters 8 and 6. My goal is to lose the muffin top of baby weight I'm still carrying around from my 6 year old!. I'm tired of struggling with it and have decided to get it off for good!!! I've got to keep motivated and stick to my calories per day! The pool opens at the end of the month and my kids are already ready for it. I've got to put that bathing suit on, Ugh!!
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and my one and only child is a beautiful, energetic, talkative and absolutely lovely 8 year old boy! :love:
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 in July with a 15 year old girl - I did warn my husband that puberty and menopause are explosive!!!
    I am still to reach menopause!
    I work 3 nights (10 hour) / week and one day shift (8 hours) / 4 weeks.
    Atleast my 21 year old son ( still lives at home) is self propelled to his work,now I am running around the 15 year old as she has casual work a couple of evenings/week and referees basketball on Fridays, works some part of Saturday and referees and plays Basketball on Sundays.
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old with a 4 1/2 year old and work full time too. It's all a big juggle act to get through the day! The hardest part for me is trying to squeeze in exercise. Always looking for new friends so anyone can add me!
  • getNfitRN
    getNfitRN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old, with a 10 and a 12 year old. Full time RN working 3 12's. My gym is open MWFSat in the AM(my best time to work out. With my work schedule and the dudes I can make it maybe 2 days a week but have exercise ball at home, dance videos and weights. Also have a gorgeous Golden Retriever to walk. Time is my biggest blockade. I am 5'6" and 187 lbs. Getting back at it!