Ladies, TOM products and exercise? Possible TMI.

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Buy some cheap underwear at the dollar store and throw them out afterward.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use Playtex Sport all the time regardless of whether or not I'm exercising. If my flow is heavier, I wear a panty liner too. I NEVER wear pads.. i just think they feel like a diaper.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I use the platex sport tampons. They work good.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can one use two tampons at once, and maybe tie the strings together?

Sure if you don't mind toxic shock
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Bigger tampon and liner, or tampon and pad if you leak a lot.

Or don't exercise when the communists are in the funhouse, one or the other.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I use the Playtex Sport and I love them. I do seem to have a heaver flow when working out so I need to have a fresh one when I start and change as soon as I finish my workout.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can one use two tampons at once, and maybe tie the strings together?

Why would 2 tampons give you toxic shock?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I'll definitely have to try the Playtex Sport and maybe a pantyliner too :)

And I have heard wonderful things about the Diva Cup, but I think I'm a little to squeamish for it, hahaha.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm afraid of even googling that Diva Cup to see what it is lol First time I hear of it.

I'd super size the tampon and wear a pantyliner like others have suggested.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I hadn't even considered that...my :noway: moment was trying to figure out the, uh, mechanics of using two tampons lol.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options

Why would 2 tampons give you toxic shock?

I guess if you tie the strings together your chances are a little lower.
  • rhythmicveggie
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea how many women out there used the Diva Cup as well. Well, yes, I would suggest that first, but it's definitely not for everyone and I can understand that.

I also agree with using liners. They're pretty thin, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be as uncomfortable as a straight up pad; it might be worth experimenting with.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options

I hadn't even considered that...my :noway: moment was trying to figure out the, uh, mechanics of using two tampons lol.

I'm not gonna be the one to experiment with that one.
  • abberbabber
    Options

I'm not gonna be the one to experiment with that one.

Right?? LOL.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Can you stack them?
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Can you stack them?

Not without the first one getting "lost", I wouldn't think...
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wear a thin pad with wings and black underwear so you don't ruin them.
  • iSpeakLife
    iSpeakLife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Always Infinity pads, they're the BEST and it doesn't feel like a normal pad. Get the orange or green one- full coverage front to back with wings!
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    Can you stack them?

Not without the first one getting "lost", I wouldn't think...

And there is your toxic shock!

*barf* I suddenly don't feel like eating lunch.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i roll my own.