Women, do your standards change

Options
13»

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I typically look for guys around my own age, so I can't say for sure what I'd think about an older guy. Six packs are so overrated. They're fun to look at, not fun to cuddle with. I say this from experience. I could go for a male version of myself: about my age with a little chub to love on! :smile:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I don't have 'standards'. I just find someone attractive or I don't. I had a boyfriend when I was 16 who was seriously overweight, but he was a lovely lovely guy. I'm still good friends with him. I had a boyfriend when I was 17 who was ripped all over, but he was an *kitten*.

And now I have my lovely fiance who has a gorgeous face but an average body and I think he's the best looking man in the world. He's 2 years younger than me too. I've been with him so long I don't even notice other men.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yep. Confidence is key. And intelligence is at the top of the list too. I dont mean an IQ of 140 or above necessarily but rather a social-emotional intelligence that makes the person not only interesting to talk to but also makes you feel like you are interesting to them as well. And all the looks in the world isn't going to matter if you're self-centered prick.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My standards are personality first, then they have to be at least reasonably attractive. A perfect physique isn't required at any age.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    being a short, overweight, balding, average-looking-at-best, non-wealthy guy - i can attest to the point that being funny has gotten me pretty far.

it certainly helped me marry above my grade

so they can keep sportin' the six-packs and i'll keep drinking them. :wink: