Ladies - If a doc said this to you...

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I belong to a page on facebook and the page posted about another mother coming privately about this and I can't help but think "WOW" I am curious, what would you do?

"Ok ladies....this happened to a fan and wanted to know what you thought, I seriously laughed my *kitten* off when she told me. Ok she was at the GYN office and is "shaved"...well the dr was talking and then lifted the sheet and looked at "her"..stopped talking and then said "I lost my train of thought"....what would you think if this happened to you??"

This was the status. I honestly don't know what I would do, a lot of women shave so if that was me, I don't know if I'd have to leave and find another doctor, or if I'd take the attention off of me and try to embarrass him back lol. And yes it was a male doctor.

Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    How embarassing! I would definitely find a new doctor! lol
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Hah! I'd probably laugh it off, honestly.

Bajingo, bajingo, bajingo. All day long. He probably just had a busy day. XD
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    That would be an awkward moment for me, but I'd laugh it off.. he probably felt more embarrassed that he "lost his train of thought" lol. I wouldn't find another doctor though.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd be flattered!
    He sees those things everyday - so hers must have been special.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I had a GYN say to me -

"Okay, lets take a look at it ( goes in ) Or, whats left of it"

lol
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    That would be pretty funny. If a doctor gets distracted by/while looking at your Vasheena, laugh. The poor guy/woman has to look at them all day. Give 'em a break.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I'd be flattered!
    He sees those things everyday - so hers must have been special.

:laugh:
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd probably be too embarrassed to go back to him. I am sure that it's completely reasonable that he had a 'brain fart' and it was just a completely inappropriate and badly timed moment - but it is equally possible that he was making commentary on her body and that is not in anyway reasonable.

If this was a doctor the woman was comfortable with she should be able to speak privately with him and tell him "Look that comment made me really uncomfortable.." and how he handles the situation from there will determine whether or not I would stay with him.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Another oldie but goodie we can all relate to!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist late in the week.

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22324/41669-washcloth#ixzz1uTxBgwiv
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe he just lost his train of thought. Why assume that it was because she was shaved? Or that it had anything to do with her, really?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I had a GYN say to me -

"Okay, lets take a look at it ( goes in ) Or, whats left of it"

lol

Oh DEAR GOD!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think there are several reasons why he might have said that:
    - surprised at the appearance
    - something else on his mind

That wouldn't be a reason to ditch him...unless he said it creepily.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kick him, your feet are half way there in those stirrup thingys.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my neice was 18 at the time and as soon as her male gyn got done, he told her she had a nice body :noway:
    also told her she had pre cancer ( done some test in the room) and that she would have to have surgery that might cause her to never have kids .. well she has a new female gyn, had the same test done (sent off to a lab) no cancer/pre-cancer .. and has a beautiful 2 year old daughter

that poster/fan needs to find a new gyn
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was applying some Vaporub under his nose. :sick:
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    LoViNlIFe0225 Posts: 121
    Options
    :laugh: I would laugh my *kitten* off and probably say something back like "yea...she has that effect." And leave it at that! I love having a dr that I can laugh at/with....its an awkward position anyways so I think something like that would totally lighten the mood even if it wasn't done on purpose!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    most woman are shaved, and a lot are pierced. I think the Doc should have seen them all. I would have asked "whats up?" Something else may have been going on down there. Or the Doc was a freak!!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I had an awkward experience with a doctor a couple months ago. Still cringe about it.

It was at a Doc in the box because I'm cheap and it was for cleaning ears. You would think NOTHING dirty would come out of that but this doctor managed to make a comment.

The nurse kept spilling water on my neck which would of course go down my shirt. And the doctor for SOME REASON had to make the comment, "Soggy boobies?"

It was SOOOOOOOOO weird. I'm not sure how to take it. but I kinda laughed it off.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Maybe he just lost his train of thought. Why assume that it was because she was shaved? Or that it had anything to do with her, really?
    I'm going to have to agree with this! I'm going to assume most doctors have seen much more shocking things than a shaved one....and its not like its uncommon.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Another oldie but goodie we can all relate to!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist late in the week.

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22324/41669-washcloth#ixzz1uTxBgwiv

Thanks for the laugh of the day!