Ladies - If a doc said this to you...

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth0913
    Options
    I'd be flattered!
    He sees those things everyday - so hers must have been special.

LOL
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Considering that my OB/GYN has delivered my last 5 of 6 kids...I would not do anything. I love that man!!

BUT, if it was any other doctor, I would find a new doctor.

Saying that, I had my dermatologist check all of my skin since I do tan easily. So, I was in my bra and panties. After inspecting my whole body, he says, "Well, you look great!" and then his face got this shocked look and he said, "ummm...I do not see any areas that we need to be concerned about."

haha...I laughed. I didn't care and I still see him, but I did think it was funny!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'd bet there is a 99.999% chance that the Dr. probably just remembered something important that he had to chart, do, fix, whatever, and the moment he remembered was totally irrelevant to the 'view'. I think it was MORE professional of him to admit that he lost his train of thought- just in case he was discussing something that the patient might have questions about, she would know to ask him.
    However, if something such as this would bother a patient to any extent, I would suggest you find a woman Doc, and maybe quit shaving. :wink:
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Another oldie but goodie we can all relate to!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist late in the week.

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22324/41669-washcloth#ixzz1uTxBgwiv

LOL! I literally laughed out loud! That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have a woman Dr, so that would be very awkward if she said that to me, ha ha.
    How would it be more awkward than a male doctor saying it?
  • cathe18
    cathe18 Posts: 13
    Options
    :laugh: I would laugh my *kitten* off and probably say something back like "yea...she has that effect." And leave it at that! I love having a dr that I can laugh at/with....its an awkward position anyways so I think something like that would totally lighten the mood even if it wasn't done on purpose!

YEA, SHE HAS THAT EFFECT!

BAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    But you don't go putting a man's whole career at risk on what could have been an innocent comment/mistake.

Definitely this - sometimes we think the worst when it is really just innocent.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Regardless if you personally feel like you could laugh it off, there is absolutely NO reason to berate another woman for feeling nervous and wanting to go elsewhere. A woman's sexual health is of utmost importance and in a time where we are constantly fighting to get the basic care we need a woman should always feel safe and happy with her doctors. If for any reason she does not feel safe and comfortable and happy with the person in care of her body she has every prerogative to seek medical care elsewhere. No one has a right to tell a woman that her discomfort is not valid, that her fears are petty and unsubstantiated, because every woman out there deserves and should feel at ease with her physician, gynecologist, or sexual wellness doctor .

What you may be comfortable with, others may not be. That does not make them wrong. That does make you right. It doesn't make them right. It doesn't make you wrong. But we cannot tell other women what they should and should not feel safe and comfortable with. That simply isn't a right any of us have and shouldn't even be brought up.

The bottom line of the matter is this, each woman should seek out the medical environment in which she feel's happy and safest in.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I had a really old guy as my doctor when I got pregnant with my first. He said, "Well I can tell you are pregnant because your breasts are very large and full." Ummmm no. I changed doctors.
  • Elizabeth0913
    Options

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about thirty-five minutes, so I didn’t have an time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, grabbed some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

The rest of the day was normal: some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?” I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

OMG!! Seriously thanking you for the laugh!!!!!! LMAO!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options

this is hanging at my dr's office.....
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options

So, the Va jay jay got accidentally Vajazzled!!!! OH that is FUNNY!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Mine said to me: "did that hurt???" I had a piercing at the time. We laughed about it. :laugh:
  • kovoo32
    kovoo32 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :happy: priceless
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'd be flattered!
    He sees those things everyday - so hers must have been special.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I figure he's seen one, he's seen them all. But when I was 18 and had just graduated from medical assisting school, I went to see a guy twice about 2 months apart. The first time I was a new patient. The second time, he walked in a few seconds before the nurse, and KISSED ME briefly ON THE MOUTH! He said hello and kissed me like it was the most natural thing in the world. I was shocked and baffled. The nurse came in right after. He did the exam and everything proceeded normally. Then I left and paid. He was foreign..European foreign, I don't know where from exactly and I thought maybe it was a cultural thing. But later I put a stop payment on the check. I figured he had been paid before hand. A couple weeks later he called and offered me a job as his back office nurse. I was newly trained and at that time 800.00 a month would have been a pretty generous offer. I was making about 700.00 where I was working at the time. He offered me 1200 a month! I turned it down. I had no desire to be chased around the exam table on a regular basis. He was fat and probably in his late 30's. Yuck.
  • mcpherson4
    Options

Oh MY!!! ROFLMAO!!! I really needed that giggle!! Thx!!! :)

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Regardless if you personally feel like you could laugh it off, there is absolutely NO reason to berate another woman for feeling nervous and wanting to go elsewhere. A woman's sexual health is of utmost importance and in a time where we are constantly fighting to get the basic care we need a woman should always feel safe and happy with her doctors. If for any reason she does not feel safe and comfortable and happy with the person in care of her body she has every prerogative to seek medical care elsewhere. No one has a right to tell a woman that her discomfort is not valid, that her fears are petty and unsubstantiated, because every woman out there deserves and should feel at ease with her physician, gynecologist, or sexual wellness doctor .

What you may be comfortable with, others may not be. That does not make them wrong. That does make you right. It doesn't make them right. It doesn't make you wrong. But we cannot tell other women what they should and should not feel safe and comfortable with. That simply isn't a right any of us have and shouldn't even be brought up.

The bottom line of the matter is this, each woman should seek out the medical environment in which she feel's happy and safest in.

It doesn't make you wrong to feel uncomfortable and to switch doctors because of it. It makes you wrong when you take that discomfort and blow it out of proportion or just general reality and make wild assumptions that you'll use to either go after the doctor legally or base your opinion on every doctor in that field and that gender. It's not fair when your discomfort is used as a weapon against someone innocent in the matter. It would be like me trying to get my Uncle arrested because he looked at me and my own discomfort based on my phobia of men tells me he secretly wants to rape me. If the person making you uncomfortable is genuinely doing something wrong then yes report them. You're right in saying that no one should be berated for feeling uncomfortable where others might not, but again there's a difference between being uncomfortable and being outright irrational/hysterical and then taking it out on the other person just because it violated your comfort level and nothing else.
  • mcpherson4
    Options
    Well I guess it's better than being a guy and having the Doc ask "Is it cold in here?" when you take your pants off!

HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    No one has a right to tell a woman that her discomfort is not valid, that her fears are petty and unsubstantiated, because every woman out there deserves and should feel at ease with her physician, gynecologist, or sexual wellness doctor .
    Would you agree, though, that it would be best to say something, and clear things up, rather than going off half-cocked and trying to ruin the doc's career based on what was likely a misunderstanding? How will that help?