Sweaty girls at the gym-hot or not?

Options
juliegin
juliegin Posts: 77 Member
When I go to the gym, I end up dripping with sweat after 45-60 minutes of cardio. (I do use a sweat towel, at least) But I'm also a single woman in her late 20's, and there are a lot of hotties at my gym, so I do try to look somewhat cute when I'm there.

My question is, are guys looking at sweaty girls at the gym and thinking "wow, that girl just put in such a good workout, she must be really fit and that is sexy"/OR are they just thinking "that is gross"? Opinions?

Yeah I know I'm not supposed to be worried about all that at the gym, just focused on MY workout, but I don't think I'm the ONLY person with a wandering eye at the gym/

Replies

• juliegin
    juliegin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ok, bump!

Anyone?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    What if someone tells you it is gross? Will you stop sweating?
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn't do it right. That's all.
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i don't know if you'll care about MY opinion, i'm a girl. but i always admire sweaty girls at the gym! PLUS if you pick up at a guy at the gym you don't have to worry about his not liking you without any make up on!
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn't do it right. That's all.

This.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    No one serious about their workout goes to the gym to be comfy and look cute.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    lol don't know why this matters. you go to the gym to work out and sweat not to look hot for other people
  • WolfEyedBear
    WolfEyedBear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm a guy... so here's my opinion.

I am impressed by women that are comfortable enough in themselves to go to the gym not to look cute - but to work hard and earn the sweat! People (men and women) that go to the gym to look good while there (except for impressive workouts of course) are not there for the right reasons. So - in short -

1 - Go to the gym
    2 - Work Hard
    3 - Don't worry - sweat!
    4 - If you meet someone there - great!
    5 - Enjoy what you have accomplished while earning that sweat : )
    6 - Go home knowing you worked out well!
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The girls who don't sweat at the gym are either 1) not working out correctly, 2) have no motivation and are there for social reasons, or 3) have some random physical skin issue where they just cannot sweat (like my sister who passed out in San Antonio one time because she got too hot and couldn't sweat -- I'm sure that's not the case with most people).

You're fine... Don't focus on the other people in the gym. Put your headphones on and keep on going!!! :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Damn skippy!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm always a mess after I work out. But I love it. I don't go to the gym to impress anyone. I go for myself and I don't consider it a work out until I'm dripping sweat.
  • Tyidwo
    Tyidwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hot!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    i don't know if you'll care about MY opinion, i'm a girl. but i always admire sweaty girls at the gym! PLUS if you pick up at a guy at the gym you don't have to worry about his not liking you without any make up on!

^^This. I'm a hot damn mess when I get done working out. If some guy is into me at that point, well I guess that would get my attention.
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    It is, after all, a gym not a catwalk....don't sweat it
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    HOT... literally. =P
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I think hot chicks that are hot and sweaty, is hot.
  • AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options
    I would like you to know that when i met my husband I had JUST left the gym. I was in sweats and a cut off (sleeves not tummy) tee shirt. I had a sweaty icky ponytail and no makeup what so ever. :) It apparently didn't bother him!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Depends. I know I'm a girl so you aren't looking for my opinion but here it is anyways.

There was a lady that walked past me and my husband on Monday and she was soaked. Her shorts and everything literally looked like she just walked out of the shower or something. My husband was like oh that is gross....why is she that sweaty. I thought it was gross too because....well just because I did. Sweating is fine but I've never seen anyone look like that before and I've been a regular for going on 3 yrs now.

And I'd have to disagree with the other posters. I think you can look cute and I don't think you have to look like a mess when you get done with a good workout. There are a couple of ladies at my gym who are actually body competitors or whatever you call them and they always look in style, comfy, and they never look bad after a workout. In fact I heard them talking the other day about how they aren't big sweaters and never have been when working out. I don't know why but even when I run I tend to not sweat that much. Everyone is different.

Just do your thing - don't worry about what others think.
  • big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    Honestly if a girl is cute dry she'll only get cuter sweaty. SO I guess I don't have a problem with it at all. As long as you don't mind sweaty guys. I have no problem sweating through 2 shirts and part of my shorts on cardio days. I'm a friggin' mess.
  • MarkHJohnston
    Options
    Extremely hot.