What's the point?

Options
13»

Replies

• kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My husband goes to a lap dancing pub every week or so and i hoped that maybe i could persuade him not to.....i really hate him going, its a huge problem for me....but he WONT give it up nomatter what ........

This right here is a load of BS. :mad:

If he's not willing to do something to greatly help your relationship and connection, why do you bother lingering so much on doing all of this work for him? Do it for yourself, girl. Marriage is a beautiful thing but it only works when two people work at it. It sounds to me like you're doing your part, while he's blowing money on strippers and accusing you of being unfaithful. Something isn't right there. You deserve the BEST and he owes you more than he is giving you.

Talk to him and tell him exactly what you've said to us. That he's amazing, in bed and out, that you love him, so on, but tell him you need to do it for you. So that you feel better doing the little things, so that your clothes are more comfy or whatever it is that is YOUR motivation. If he has insecurity issues, maybe seek counseling?

If he isn't willing to take your needs and wants into account, he isn't doing his part as your life partner.

You look fabulous. Don't you dare let go of that happiness to please a man, or anyone else for that matter. You've divorced once. I think it's beautiful that you found love in each other again, but (knock on wood!) if it happens again, you'll be a healthier, more beautiful, happier you if it does and you keep up the good work.

You owe this to yourself.
    Support him, love him, reassure him, but remember that YOU matter too! :heart:
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My husband goes to a lap dancing pub every week or so ...

uh...WHAT? That's messed up. Did he do this before you were married?
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    i didnt know he did....hes done it for a while so he says without me knowing :cry:
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Well I suppose that's a matter MFP forums won't offer many solutions for, if it even is a matter at all, i dont know. Regardless, great work losing weight! Celebrate what you got