MASTER CLEANSE....

Anyone try it??? What were the results????

Replies

• JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    One of my co-workers did it. He lasted for weeks and lost a ton of pounds. He was very happy and felt very cleansed (I will leave it at that).

I tried it and lasted almost a day before I was passed out on the floor and throwing up. I turned toxic really quick. It took me three days to feel normal again. I have found that eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies did the same thing naturally.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Never tried it, but the results are that you have less money, a little placebo effect, and little else.
  • OfficiallyStelzer
    OfficiallyStelzer Posts: 2 Member
    My best friends did it and lost 40 pounds in 40 days. But after she went back to food it all came back.She didnt eat unhealthy either. I think any food will make it come back on. I tried it for 1 day but at the end of the day I was light headed, dizzy, headache and then was throwing up!! Ill never do it again! And it taste awful, and after a few says your suppose to do a salt water laxative! It was awful!!!
  • I did it for 4 days and thought I would die. I spent more time in the bathroom then anything else. Lost10 lbs in 4 days but feelt horrible. sorry probably not what you want to hear.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    STOP! peepee time! doot doot doot doot...doot doot....doot doot!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    My best friends did it and lost 40 pounds in 40 days. But after she went back to food it all came back.She didnt eat unhealthy either. I think any food will make it come back on. I tried it for 1 day but at the end of the day I was light headed, dizzy, headache and then was throwing up!! Ill never do it again! And it taste awful, and after a few says your suppose to do a salt water laxative! It was awful!!!

Ya I was reading up on it and saw that part... A friend of mine also did that and lost 30 and after went back to eating normal foods and kept it off sooooo I don't know. I will talk to my DR when I go in tomorrow I think
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    It's somewhere between useless and harmful.
  • deniseearheart
    Never tried it, but the results are that you have less money, a little placebo effect, and little else.

I'd have to say more money as u are only consuming lemons and maple for 10 days
  • deniseearheart
    I did it for 4 days and thought I would die. I spent more time in the bathroom then anything else. Lost10 lbs in 4 days but feelt horrible. sorry probably not what you want to hear.

YA some have said that.
  • deniseearheart
    It's somewhere between useless and harmful.

Think it may depend on the person...
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    I did it for 10 days and lost 9 pounds and gained it all back in the next week. Also, I was obsessing about solid food ALL THE TIME. I was even dreaming about food at night! Also, it costs me 2 weeks grocery money to keep buying the grade B maple syrup. Soooo not worth the pain. All the relentless lemon squeezing made my hands hurt all day too.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member

have you ever purchased real maple syrup...it aint cheap!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 474 Member
    STOP! peepee time! doot doot doot doot...doot doot....doot doot!

LMAO!! Yeahhhhhh what she said..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Of course you will lose weight on it, you could make your own diet up and call it the ''water with a bit of cumin and some pepper cleanse''

Please dont do it, drinking just lemon and maple syrup would really do more harm than good, youll put the weight back on when you start eating again, and unless you're planning on only drinking that for the rest of your life then just dont.

Dont mean to sound *****y but its just silly all these fad diets.

:)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    I would imagine the results would be a slimmer bank account,and a water weight loss that comes back when your done.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member

I would say you obviously dont want real opinions just someone to tell you go ahead so go for it have fun
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Of all the crappy, stupid crash diets I've tried, the master cleanse is the only one I would never ever be tempted to do again.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I'm allergic to milk so if I want a good cleanse, I just eat something with a trace of dairy.

Cleans me out quickly and effectively. From both ends, usually.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Yes, starve yourself and you will lose weight. I did the MC. I lost about 10 pounds but my digestion has never quite recovered. It isn't worth it.
  • deniseearheart

have you ever purchased real maple syrup...it aint cheap!

Yes actually we have... that is ALL we buy in fact I am almost certain if I chose to do this I would only be using one bottle and at 25$ where we buy online that is not that high in my opinion