MASTER CLEANSE....

Options

Replies

• Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to milk so if I want a good cleanse, I just eat something with a trace of dairy.

Cleans me out quickly and effectively. From both ends, usually.

HAhahahahah you made me laugh for a good 20 seconds! I'm sorry about your allergy but that was funny...
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It's somewhere between useless and harmful.

Think it may depend on the person...

Are you a special unique snowflake?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Do it. It sounds great. I bet all the lemon is great for your teeth, too.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Pray tell, what are you hoping to cleanse from your body?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's somewhere between useless and harmful.

Think it may depend on the person...

True. For some it is useless and for others, it is harmful.
  • Pspetal
    Options
    Never tried it, but the results are that you have less money, a little placebo effect, and little else.

I'd have to say more money as u are only consuming lemons and maple for 10 days

have you ever purchased real maple syrup...it aint cheap!

Yes actually we have... that is ALL we buy in fact I am almost certain if I chose to do this I would only be using one bottle and at 25$ where we buy online that is not that high in my opinion

Actually the cheapest grade B maple syrup (the one recommended) is not less than $18 anywhere including amazon. The jar looks big but gets over pretty fast since you will be using quite a bit to make 2-3 liters of the cleanse solution. I know I spent more on the cleanse than I do normally when I buy fresh fruits and vegetables...
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Never tried dialysis...I hear though, this is for people with Kidney issues.

Your body has a natural cleansing process with your liver & kidneys. There no reason you need to "Cleanse". Begin making the healthy choices with your food and you get the same results.
  • Pspetal
    Options

You know, this was precisely what I was thinking throughout the time I did this. I didn't know what I was supposed to be cleansing from my system!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but the results are that you have less money, a little placebo effect, and little else.

I'd have to say more money as u are only consuming lemons and maple for 10 days

Only lemons and maple for 10 days? Holy jeebus! Do you have a will of some sort?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty snowflake :blushing:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

i want to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options

You are:heart:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Judging by your rebuttals to the people advising against it, it appears you've already made up your mind, and are just hoping for those couple 'enablers' to come along and convince you that somehow they dropped large amounts of weight and YOU will too.

So why ask at all? Get out your check book and go for it. I hope it works for you. Come back and report your results to us either way.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options

You know, this was precisely what I was thinking throughout the time I did this. I didn't know what I was supposed to be cleansing from my system!

Not sure... My friend that did it keeps raving about it and has kept the weight off so I don't know... will have to talk to my DR about it. Even if not sure I could get through 10 days of it like he did ... Maybe one day a week .. For a while I was juicing one day a week and that helped me feel a great deal better but who knows.....
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Are you not clean now?
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You will go through a bottle of syrup every 2-3 days. And, you'll need a case of fresh lemons every 3 days as well.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Put some lovely holes in my esophogus. After months of medication, excruciating pain and an endoscopy I would have preferred to keep my imaginary toxins.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Are you not clean now?

Have some sensitivity, maybe her kidneys, liver and shower are broken! *crosses arms*
  • Pspetal
    Options
    I calculated the calories I was drinking in during the master cleanse. It was about 800 calories. If you ate 800 calories per day, you'd achieve the exact same results I think...
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I've done it but went off it after 6 days because I found out I was pregnant. The salt water flush is... well, unpleasant. The effects... enjoyable in a strange sort of way.

The master cleanse is designed to stop peristalsis altogether... to rest your intestines and flush them. It's not a diet and shouldn't be used for weight loss IMO.

It was very difficult. I started with a week-long ReCleanse and then 3 days of juice only and then into the Master Cleanse.