Gaining

Options
2»

Replies

• Tcfranklin
    Tcfranklin Posts: 5
    Options
    I thought it was just me. I started MFP about 3 weeks ago. I was on another weight loss plan so this is much more food than I am use to eating..but I dont feel as hungry and have been working out more. The problem is I have agained about a pound a week. I am going to cut out more carbs and and hoping it will reverse....but I am feeling alot like you. I would also appreciate suggestions.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You eat more carbs in a day than I do, and I eat 3000 calories. Since increasing your carbs increases glycogen storage, it will add water weight. When you up your calories, you should up your protein more. Look to set you ratios of 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. That should help regulate. But on 1600 calories a day, I can tell you, you are not gaining fat.

What would you suggest that isn't meat or eggs to help me do that? I'm a vegetarian, and eggs make me feel gross when I eat them. I've been trying to up my protein and decrease carbs, but it isn't working very well :(

You need to find a way to eat less carbs and more protein. I am not a vegetarian so I have no suggestions.