Is it better to drink from a glass or a bottle?

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    less calories if it comes out of a glass, innit?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    I, too, thought this was about wine and am disappointed :)

Glass is better. Bottles often are made from plastic that breaks down by being exposed to sunlight or heat for more than a couple hours. You may never get cancer from drinking from a plastic bottle but at least with glass the risk isn't there at all.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I always prefer my liquids straight from the source

fresca!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    it would depend on if i was wearing shorts or pants.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Neither. Drink from the source. There were no plastic or glass water bottles 10,000 years ago!!

So you go to a stream and drink it straight from there, in your hands, dirt and all?
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    You're missing the bigger picture here. How big is the glass/bottle?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    i dont no but i wish someune wood tell me how much a cup is for hellsake. it says i shoud drink 8 cups and i dont no if its glass or plastic or what sizes

I've never drank out of a wood cup before.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    river stream and coconuts
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    SmallTownSweetie03 Posts: 63 Member
    A cup is 8 oz...so it's saying you should drink 8 8 oz cups of water a day!

i dont no but i wish someune wood tell me how much a cup is for hellsake. it says i shoud drink 8 cups and i dont no if its glass or plastic or what sizes
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Bottle. You get an extra workout for the lips. And if it's a sports cap, you have to suck too. It's like celery. Negative calories.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member

Not this again?!?! Math makes my head hurt.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    I know that I'm weird, but I simply won't drink more than a couple sips out of a glass...but give me a bottle of water and I'll drink 6-8 a day. Buying bottled water was getting too expensive though, so I got a Brita pitcher and I just refill my Dasani water bottle (which is the size/shape bottle I prefer).

This. For some reason, mentally, it's easier for me to drink more from a bottle. Dunno why.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 468 Member
    Nalgene....love it, holds 32 oz
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I so thought this was about wine. I'm out.....

what would the answer be for wine?

cheap stuff - bottle
    expensive stuff - glass, unless I have already finished a bottle, then from the bottle
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't think it matters. Whatever you prefer.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 429 Member
    Doesn't matter, as long as it's not from a cup.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I've never drank out of a wood cup before.
    thats knot whut i axed
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Neither. Drink from the source. There were no plastic or glass water bottles 10,000 years ago!!

So you go to a stream and drink it straight from there, in your hands, dirt and all?

I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I prefer my stainless steel bottle. Partially because I'm clumsy and tend to spill things. But also because I just really really like it. I have searched a long time for the perfect bottle, and I finally found it. It's stainless steel (not aluminum), with an easy-to-open flip top (rather than a stupid screw-on top), the mouth is wide enough for ice cubes, and it's half liter instead of a whole liter, AND it's purple with flowers on it.

I love the flip top on my glass water bottle too...and the wide mouth for ice cubes :)
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    If it's single-malt Scotch, you have to have a glass, preferably crystal.
    For water, my protein shake jug works fine and I can measure my intake with it. That's handy.