Take my breath away

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    the socially acceptable "non-date date" is NOT 'go grab lunch". it is COFFEE. these rules cannot be changed. if he wanted to walk sideways into a date, he should have said "coffee".

i hate that song.

chick fil-a is evil.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Asking a co-worker to grab lunch and then driving her to a destination other than said dining establishment is borderline abduction. If that happened to me I'd ask to make sure there wasn't a shovel and heavy plastic bag in the trunk. Seriously, if you don't have the balls to ask a girl on a date, don't ask her to grab lunch with you.

Top Gun is the most overtly homo-erotic movie of all time. Any straight man with that song in his music library has issues. By the way, I still cry when Goose dies.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

chick fil-a is evil.

Don't blame the chicken! It's not its deliciously, peanutty-oil fried self that it's hawked by the minions of the dark side!
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options

chick fil-a is evil.

Don't blame the chicken! It's not its deliciously, peanutty-oil fried self that it's hawked by the minions of the dark side!

I thought you meant that Chick Fil-A is evil because it supports inequality and is anti-choice. http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201111010001
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

chick fil-a is evil.

I thought you meant that Chick Fil-A is evil because it supports inequality and is anti-choice. http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201111010001

actually - this is funny - i was upset that i couldn't join the boycott. i'm allergic to peanuts and thusly cannot eat there anyway.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Asking a co-worker to grab lunch and then driving her to a destination other than said dining establishment is borderline abduction. If that happened to me I'd ask to make sure there wasn't a shovel and heavy plastic bag in the trunk. Seriously, if you don't have the balls to ask a girl on a date, don't ask her to grab lunch with you.

Exactly this. You can't stealth-convert a business lunch in a public place, into a secluded date. It's a creepy bait-and-switch.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    what's Chik-Fila ?
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    It's a date if she made you lean your seat back so she could straddle you.

Would you like to go on a date with me?
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not a date if it's not pre-designated as such. Especially with a co-worker who might be willing to grab lunch just based upon the shared social aspect of working in the same environment. Trying to turn it into a date scenario when it wasn't defined that way in advance = creepy.

</2cents>

As for the song. Honestly can't remember the lyrics, though I'm old enough to remember watching the movie quite a few times. It's one of those songs that was so overplayed on the radio back then that it doesn't even register a nostalgic twinge of familiarity with me... I'd change the station or skip the track if it came up.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    *distracted by snw's contribution to Friday... can't answer questions... :blushing:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Too many questions....
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    A. True
    B. SCORE---->lunch AND a view!!!
    4. Oh, no...Berlin....*sigh*...of all the awesome 80s songs in the world, they have to play this crap!!!

Not a date. I'd say that hot woman is just "casing the joint" & trying to determine whether co-worker is date-worthy. If he continues to play "Take My Breath Away" for more than the first verse, he fails...miserably!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

i only lobbied my friends to answer. go look back at the requests - nowhere did i say for them to answer on my side.

have fun at lunch.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Negative Ghostrider, "Wanna go grab lunch" does not constitute a date

Unless, of course, she says "Take me to bed or lose me forever" then it just got real.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i can't stand that song, even though i know all the lyrics.

it's all.....oozy and sappy and dripping in cheese. blech.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Are we in BumbleBee?
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    "Experiment" has failed. Please - no more about this. It has turned out COMPLETELY wrong.

Gift certificate has expired and I apologize to the "super hottie" that was referred to in the post.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    "Experiment" has failed.
    I don't think it failed...it inspired me to take a photo of myself in a flight suit...