Help ladies before I punch someone... PLEASE

Options

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Scream at strangers who drive poorly and harass people on the internet.

It's done wonders for me.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i had a simlar problem, being a single working Mom who takes cares of a household (and all of its bills herself). I found myself getting stressed and yelling a lot more than i like to admit.
    Since i really started making more time for exercise and eating right my moods have been way better and things dont get me stressed as much. I say set an exercise schedule and cut out processed foods and junk foods from your diet and you will feel much better.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you have a serious psychiatric issue that nobody can help you with, call the Amen clinics (one's in VA and one's in CA) and ask if they can refer you to somebody in your area who is Amen clinic certified. Dr. Daniel Amen is the one who wrote all of those brain books and has done a crazy number of SPECT's (brain scans) to study the brain. My mother is bipolar and was in such a serious depression I thought it was all over. I found an Amen certified doc who changed her meds and it changed her life. Good luck to you, sorry you are having such a rough time.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Definitely take some St. John's Wort. Also, if you are interested, I can suggest some essential oils/aromatherapy stuff that would help a ton. Message me if you are interested in that.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I was on depression meds for a while and HATED them. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and OCD.

Do some research on Inositol in powder form. You have to take a lot of it (7-18 GRAMS, not milligrams) and it's kind of messy, but it's completely tasteless and you can mix it into food and drinks throughout the day. You can get a nice sized jar of it at any vitamin shop for about $30-40. Which was about how much I paid for my meds anyway...

It's a kind of B vitamin and I've had a lot of success with it coupled with exercise and taking a regular multivitamin daily. If you deal with anxiety and hate meds (like me,) I'd really recommend you look into it!

Best of luck.
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    Ok so this is what works for me--I pray, get on my knees and pray and cry and tell God everything that is going on, not that he doesnt already know! but it works everytime for me cuz by the time I get done crying and talking, I ask for his help, then I tell him thanks for listening and for even allowing me to experience what I'm going thru because I know someone out there is worse off than me.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Anti-depressants are also used to treat ANXIETY.....other than therapy, I don't know what else might help if you're already doing everything that's been recommended.
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments so I don't know if this has been said. It seems scary but if your bf is sub-par, remember there are a TON of fish in the sea!!! Go find a better man! Have an honest talk with yours, if he won't change, trade him in! Can you really say that your bf's laziness isn't the source of a LOT of your anxiety? Been there, hon.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Meditation can help
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Have you had recent blood work done? Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause crazy mood swings and anxiety. Get your levels checked and make sure you are getting everything you need!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    In all honesty, the first thing I would lose is the couch potato boyfriend. You seem to have enough stress in your life. Get rid of some of it. He's good for at least, what, maybe 180lbs of it?? Then you need to re-analyze and re-prioratize. How much time and energy is the "side business" using up, and how much actual income is it bringing in? You have enough on your plate. Before I turn to meds or anything, I would simplify and see where you are then.

I agree with this statement!

Other tidbits and suggestions:

Meditation
    Yoga
    Tai Chi
    Other Martial Arts
    Mood Stabilizers

These have done wonders for me.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    In need of opinions and please only serious ones. I have crazy mood swings (not just because I am a woman) and absolutely NO PATIENCE. Being a single parent is insanely hard to do sometimes add a bf that only gets off the couch to ask if I need help when I am half way done with everything I need to do, a full time job, a full time side business (the bf’s but we both run it), and all the other issues life randomly throws in your face, I don’t handle stress or change well. Anyway I have been to a couple different docs. One wants to try me on a bagillion different depression meds, which haven’t worked. They either make me so tired that I am sleeping my way through work or they interfere with other meds I take. End result I told her she was just pissing me off because she is treating me for depression which is not my issue—its ANXIETY lady good grief. So the next doc said diet and exercise, and cutting out some things. Ok doc, I exercise daily or at least 4 times a week, I cut out school to focus on my kid and work, and my diet is not bad overall. NONE of this has helped! Do any of you have any suggestions on what may help because I am at my whits end here…..:grumble:

Are you on any kind of hormonal therapy or birth control? Several kind of BC made me CRAZY... depressed, angry, even suicidal for a while. My hubby and I split for a while because of it! Once I switched to something that worked better for me it all went away. But if you are on birth control taking St. John's wort can make it ineffective. :grumble:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I've had anger management issues ever since I was about 13, but I found the perfect outlet for it...rugby. It's a physical, contact sport, and I can really put everything I have into it. I stopped playing due to an injury for 3 years, and I was the worst person to be around in that time. Now that I'm back in it, I'm amazed at how calm I am. Really, sometimes hitting something (or someone) does help :) I have also done boxing for pre-season training and really enjoyed that. I find a really physical workout just calms me right down. Sorry, I don't really have any other advice but this worked for me.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    St. John's Wort. If your not taking any meds, this would help you with your anxiety and stress. I too am a single mother, and when my daughter was young and I was severely stressed out, this is what I tried and found it helped tremendously.
    Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

I was just about to recommend that! I take St. John's Wort every day and it has really improved my over all mood. I too have zero patience.

This sounds like a cheaper alternative to depression meds and I assume it doesnt have all the crazy side effects?.?. I may try this to see if it helps. Thank you

St. John's Wort has lots of drug interactions. Speak with a pharmacist or physician before you start it.
    Just because it's herbal doesn't mean it's safe/the right one for everybody and has no side effects.

That's why I stated it if she wasn't taking any meds. Thanks for making that point because I probably didn't make that clear. I'm not being sarcastic, I just realized reading your post that I didn't state it clear enough because it's very true that it can and does interact with prescription drugs. :flowerforyou:
  • mattmoo33
    mattmoo33 Posts: 36
    Options
    Anti depressants do work for anxiety, and I have used them for that, but got to the point where I wanted to be a bit more in control.

I have been using Mindfullness therapy which is really helping and which you can do on your own without needing to see a therapist or a doctor.

Hope you find some peace x
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    grab a pillow and scream as loud as you can. Also, find a quite place, and then blast your favorites music and dance... Works to relieve stress for me.
    I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Barring any serious medical condition where you might need medication, you could always go to a kickboxing or self defense class and work out your frustrations by actually hitting something. Its works wonders for me.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    This is probably going to be the most UNpopular advice, but I'm gonna tell you what has helped me the most. Before I do... let me tell you, that I do know what it's like to have stress in your life. I am a single mom of three kids. I have been married to a bipolar drug addict whom I had to get a restraining order on and then he died about six months later. During all this time, I attended to college while raising three kids on my own and working. I've been married again and am now going through a divorce. I am facing unemployment. My bills are piled up to the ceiling because I was out of work for five months when my husband left.

Not a pity party. Just want you to know that I know stress. Did I mention I'm also a middle school teacher? LOL

Anyway.. I can hold my head high. I can make it through the day. I can still smile. I can get up in the morning with a positive attitude.

And do you know why?

Because I gave my life to God. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. And I give him my struggles on a daily basis. He is my strength. He is my source.

I don't take any kind of medication except for vitamins. I am now trying to eat healthy and exercise. But the thing that makes the biggest difference in my life is my faith in God.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    In need of opinions and please only serious ones. I have crazy mood swings (not just because I am a woman) and absolutely NO PATIENCE. Being a single parent is insanely hard to do sometimes add a bf that only gets off the couch to ask if I need help when I am half way done with everything I need to do, a full time job, a full time side business (the bf’s but we both run it), and all the other issues life randomly throws in your face, I don’t handle stress or change well. Anyway I have been to a couple different docs. One wants to try me on a bagillion different depression meds, which haven’t worked. They either make me so tired that I am sleeping my way through work or they interfere with other meds I take. End result I told her she was just pissing me off because she is treating me for depression which is not my issue—its ANXIETY lady good grief. So the next doc said diet and exercise, and cutting out some things. Ok doc, I exercise daily or at least 4 times a week, I cut out school to focus on my kid and work, and my diet is not bad overall. NONE of this has helped! Do any of you have any suggestions on what may help because I am at my whits end here…..:grumble:

I did not read through all of the other comments, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate of what someone else said. You have a lot going on. I would evaluate the relationship with the boyfriend first. If you are looking for someone to parent your child with you, and share life, he may not be the one. It just sounds like you are frustrated with him, like you feel you have another child.
    I think that medications can sometimes do more harm than good. Personally, I would cut out all medications, but I can't tell anyone to do that. Diet and exercise, yes, but I don't know what type of exercise you do. Walking is great - low impact, etc. I would also do yoga morning and night. It is a great stress reliever. I would try some stress relieving exercises when you are in a stressful situation. This could be something as simple as a situation on the road. When you feel yourself getting upset from stress sit down and breathe deeply in and out. Tell yourself to stay calm before you respond either in words or actions. This won't solve your problem today, but, over time, you will find that you will do that without even thinking.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    cognitive behavioral therapy.