Weird & Strange movies?

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Videodrome. That was a very strange movie.

Debbie Harry was perfect for it!!! Also a favourite

Such a Chronenberg fan :love:
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Jacob's Ladder

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (Sorry Im sure I butchered the spelling)
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Donnie Darko and Primer (two of my favorites)
    Anything David Lynch (especially Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway)
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    Donnie Darko
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Borderline Cult - waste of time to watch, make, stock, sell etc... just weird all around
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The Forbidden Zone. Basically a movie from the 70s with Danny Elfman playing the devil, I have no idea what the plot is aside from there's an alternate dimension in the basement of this family's house and the king from it falls in love with the daughter who oddly has a French accent. It's one of those movies you watch with friends to just laugh over.

Poultrygeist!. A low-budget musical sort of horror film about an angry Native American tribe whose grave land was used to build a fast food joint that take their revenge by infecting the fried chicken so that whoever eats it turns into a chicken zombie. Ron Jeremy makes a small appearance. It has very crude moments (one guy jerking off on a fake d*ck, graphic showing of a guy having explosive diarrhea which causes him to lay an egg and shed like 400+ pounds, boobs, crude lyrics, etc) but it's a "stupid funny" movie.

Dumplings. A Chinese film originally just a short film, it's about an aging actress with a husband who is unfaithful because she is getting older and she finds out there's a special dumpling one woman makes that is supposed to be better than plastic surgery. Turns out the woman uses aborted fetuses as the meat, claiming it is the best way to look youthful, that's she's 60 (and appears in her late 20s) and is basically her best advertisement. Loooots of graphic stuff involving abortions, seeing the various fetuses themselves, and general cringing as she crunches down on them. Definitely not for people who find abortion a sensitive subject.

Teeth. I'm sure plenty have heard of this one. Girl ends up with "vag dentata" after being attacked and almost raped (I believe, it's been a while) and throughout the story she starts using it as revenge since they're only "activated" when she feels afraid or threatened. Personally I couldn't quit laughing through the whole thing but I'm a woman.

I have more but a lot of them are Asian horror and I know some folks don't care for subtitles.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I can sum up the end of Teeth. *plop*

JM
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ok this movie isn't weird but it is one of the best I've ever seen.... Merantau!!!!!! So good and so sad
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus was good, too!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything by David Lynch.

Twin Peaks (tv show)
    Fire Walk With Me
    Blue Velvet
    Wild At Heart
    Mulholland Drive

Take your pick...

I agree 100%!!!! I don't think anyone could top David Lynch in weirdness but I love his movies and Twin Peaks was, IMO, one of the greatest tv mini series ever. That is where the movie "Fire Walk With Me" came from, it came after the series but was a prequel to the Twin Peaks series. I have all the collector sets to this....I urge anyone who likes weird & strange to watch it. It is simply awesome!!

Someone else mentioned Eraserhead, that is also David Lynch.

A couple others that aren't David Lynch...
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind♥♥♥....LOVE, LOVE LOVE this movie, one of my favs!!
    Donnie Darko
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel like the strangest person here. I feel like everyone is so normal. I feel out of place.

But you all have helped reassure me that there are insane lunatics wherever you go.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Stephen King's The Langoliers
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest movie I have seen was called "Begotten"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten

that link can explain the movie better, I was just like "wtf am I watching?"
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede 2 made me vomit and I didn't sleep for 2 days. When I did sleep I had nightmares. I was so disturbed that when my husband tried to get some naked time I couldn't do it.

The whole concept of it freaks me out. No way I could ever bring myself to watch it. Ugh...

Just thinking about that movie makes me want to throw up. I haven't seen it, but after hearing a synopsis, there is no way I could watch it.

One of my friends went as the "Human Santapede" for Halloween last year. He was in a Santa costume with extra arms and legs sewn onto it. It was amazing.

I just watched The Human Centipede 2 tonight...Weird *kitten* crazy S@#t!!! It was gross too but I liked it way better than the first one...Alot more gore!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread?

People have already covered many that I wouldn't think would make a "strange" list, as well as many that I would have put on here:
    Teeth (effing weird), Bad Taste and Dead Alive, Eraserhead. I'll be sending a friend request to the girl that put Hobo With A Shotgun on here; that one was awesome.

Some weird zombie ones I didn't see mentioned Plaga Zombie (an Argentine one that features a wrestler based on a John Wayne type character (John West, he has his own theme sone that will get stuck in your head) and Black Sheep, yep it's about zombie sheep.

Two I didn't see mentioned: Mermaid in a Manhole (possibly the strangest movie I've ever seen), and my current fav Troll Hunter.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Blue Velvet
    House of 1000 Corpses
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one to love weirdness. :tongue:
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    The human centipede, 1 & 2, very entertaining though.
    An american crime.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    House of 1000 Corpses

This movie creeped me out, I love it though.